Buying Decision: Avid Eleven Rack vs Line 6 Pod Series

Anyone here have any experience/opinion on which is the better solution for recording guitar tracks? From what research I've done people seem to prefer Line 6's latest stuff over the Eleven Rack, but some still say the inclusion of Pro Tools in the Eleven Rack is of tremendous value. That leads into my second question, which is whether Pro Tools is a much better DAW than other, cheaper alternatives like Reaper.

This is pretty much my first foray into starting to record my music professionally, so I've got a whole lot left to learn, but these seemed to be the two primary competitors when it came to processors. And that's about it! Yep.

I've used both and honestly I didn't think one was greatly superior to the other sound-wise, but I did keep my POD HD because it's portable and I can plug it into speakers if I'm jamming with other people rather than hauling a heavy amp everywhere.

Recording though, I (usually) just run the guitar totally clean through the pod and use Guitar Rig.