Aquaria - Lost to the Waves (from Endless Night)

Brandon Strader

SUP. This is going to be the prologue to my vocal remix album I'm working on this year. Super early WIP but I haven't posted an actual unfinished song on this forum since like 2006.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13741915/wips/Endless%20Night/sinking1.mp3

It's super early and is basically nothing done yet or tweaked, but I did tweak the recorder and tin whistle a lot, and the strings behind them. Using a new library called Lumina by Project SAM. It seems like it's more trouble than it's worth so far, and I'll still need to add LASS to fill out the problems that it can't handle. I do really like the recorder and tin whistle though.

That long held out note for the bass through the intro glitches out for some reason, so I'll switch that to LASS later.

2678903_t.gif

Edited by Brandon Strader

Oh yeah, I hear the clicking from the contrabass. :( LASS is indeed awesome.

I found 0:38 had a weird harmony when considering what chord it came after. I looked at what notes you actually wrote, and although it makes sense, it sounds off. I'm not sure, but maybe it's because you went from a major chord to a minor chord. If I were to write the chord for that section, I'd write a root position triad with an added fourth instead.

That's all. ;)

THANKS GUYS LIKIN' THE WIP MAKES ME FEEL GOOOOOOD :-D

Nice you spotted that Tim, it's because the chord there should actually be G major instead of D Minor.

I noticed that too, but never had time to go back to it yet. It's going to be one of those progressions where the first time it's major then goes minor, supah dramatic. Funtimes. :-D

I barely remember what I played there let me think... A minor, F major? C major, G major then A minor, F Major, C major, D Minor (the new way it should go) Wow that progression is actually really generic now that I think about it. Oh well!

I like the basses in LASS because when you hold out such a long note you'd be able to hear a type of "bow moving the other way" sound after a short bit of time. Makes it seem more realistic.

Edited by Brandon Strader