F-Zero GX - Sand Ocean

AngelCityOutlaw

Such an underrated game it seems, the music is awesome, and I'm definitely digging the cover. I don't have any critiques though man, I'm sorry. I did really enjoy this as I hear it now though! =D

Thanks man! Yeah, I played the hell out of this game. Still break out the gamecube every once and a while for it. I got all the AX tracks and drivers too! =D

Nice guitar tone! I really like it.

The intro gets a bit too loud, I think the choir sample should be quieter.

The arrangement is nice but I don't think the synth you picked helps much. It's a bit hard to understand what it's playing and makes the song feel "melody-less". Maybe you could add a simpler synth and layer it so that the melody is easier to pick up? You could also add some variations in the second repetition :-P

The intro may be slightly too loud, sure, and just lowering the velocity value of the choir by about 10~20 or so could do it. The value should display somewhere in the upper left of FL.

I can hear the formant lead notes just fine, but yeah, more motion in the timbre would add interest. It's intelligible in its pitch, but it doesn't feel extremely present. You could also go up an octave halfway through a melodic section or something, for some contrast.

I think 2:28 - 2:30 has a rhythm that becomes a bit slower than the actual tempo and thus is actually slightly late in that time interval. Really not a big deal, but I figured I'd let you know. It does add to the human element of this without bothering me, so I'd say it's fine.

Edited by timaeus222

The intro may be slightly too loud, sure, and just lowering the velocity value of the choir by about 10~20 or so could do it. The value should display somewhere in the upper left of FL.

I can hear the formant lead notes just fine, but yeah, more motion in the timbre would add interest. It's intelligible in its pitch, but it doesn't feel extremely present. You could also go up an octave halfway through a melodic section or something, for some contrast.

I think 2:28 - 2:30 has a rhythm that becomes a bit slower than the actual tempo and thus is actually slightly late in that time interval. Really not a big deal, but I figured I'd let you know. It does add to the human element of this without bothering me, so I'd say it's fine.

Thanks for the feedback as always, man!