Chiptune Colab!

SJSOFT

Hi all!

I'm pretty new to the chiptune scene and I thought no better way to get myself out there than to do some colabing with some people!

All my work can be found here: metatronaut.bandcamp.com

I work in LSDJ, Famitracker, FL Studio, and Logic Pro X (occasionally). But mostly LSDJ and Famitracker.

PM me if you have questions!

-Sam

I'm a little busy to collab, but I'd be willing to listen/critique anything you'd send my way. I primarily do fakebit with FL Studio though.

Sure!

You can listen to all the music on the bandcamp site!

If you do need a link to download though I'd be happy to link you to my dropbox! :)

I do it for fun. The money's cool and all but I just do it for the love of chiptune!

i'd be interested in some random fun with several people participating, yeah.

not interested in being ambitious about it from the start. haven't used ft in forever.

we did an .flp passaround thing ages ago, and while the result sucked as a song it was still great fun.

Sending you a PM now!

It'd be interesting doing an LSDJ colab. Although my cartrige doesn't cooperate when I want to extract .sav files. :P

I figured that I would end up bouncing all the clips down to audio and sending them that way anyways. Either that, or use a more accessible tracker like Famitracker, which I'm totally okay with.

Edited by Chucklehofft

I figured that I would end up bouncing all the clips down to audio and sending them that way anyways. Either that, or use a more accessible tracker like Famitracker, which I'm totally okay with.

For colabing I'm more into Famitracker than LSDJ because emulators never give off a good sound quality. and sending .sav files is pretty complicated

For colabing I'm more into Famitracker than LSDJ because emulators never give off a good sound quality. and sending .sav files is pretty complicated

I'd imagine that pro sound modding a GB should make the output more usable (though I haven't done it myself). How else would artists like Chipzel get such clean tones from them?

But I'm totally down for working in Famitracker, I hope it's easier to use than Sunvox.

I'd imagine that pro sound modding a GB should make the output more usable (though I haven't done it myself). How else would artists like Chipzel get such clean tones from them?

But I'm totally down for working in Famitracker, I hope it's easier to use than Sunvox.

OH GOD NOT SUNVOX! IM NOT TOUCHING THAT THING EVER AGAIN!

I'm saving up money for a prosound DMG-01

Chipzel uses Logic Pro X with LSDJ so that's why it sounds much better

OH GOD NOT SUNVOX! IM NOT TOUCHING THAT THING EVER AGAIN!

I'm saving up money for a prosound DMG-01

Chipzel uses Logic Pro X with LSDJ so that's why it sounds much better

As in, she uses LSDJ from within Logic somehow, or that she mixes in it? I use Live primarily, so I automatically assumed that I would mix and master chiptunes through that. I just downloaded Famitracker and it seems to be pretty cool. Does it use samples from the Famicom, or is it completely synthesized? Because the waves sound super analog.

But yeah, Sunvox is so counter-intuitive - even LSDJ on the damn Gameboy makes more sense.