Palpable

GrayFox1217

Spencer Bambrick

www.spencerbambrick.com

Final Fantasy X

Zanarkand String Quartet

Zanarkand

This was composed by Nobuo Uematsu

This is a very simple string quartet recorded in a studio in Dobbs Ferry. I think it's a pretty unique approach to one of my all-time favorite pieces of music ever written. Hope you enjoy it!

-Spencer Bambrick

Spencer Bambrick

www.spencerbambrick.com

• 2 weeks later...

If this passes, we should double-check that this isn't based on a previous string or orchestral arrangement. I'm also curious as to whether it's a live quartet (with more player credits needed) or multi-tracked. Either way, this was a smooth listen.

Arrangement-wise, this was structurally close, but the excellent live performance dynamics and new part-writing to accommodate the full quartet were a thing of beauty. It's short and sweet; count me in. Keep 'em coming, Spencer!

YES

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As someone who used to record classical music for a job, the image is bloody awful, and the fact that people are even asking you if this multi-tracked is a problem in of itself.

But that's the classical production snob in me talking, we don't normally get this sort of thing anywhere near this crisply performed so this is a very easy yes.

YES

• 1 month later...

Them closing high notes is sweet like sugar; very purdy.

Certainly a classical but NOT contemporary classical approach to the arrangement - no real curveballs, just a very competent and heartfelt arrangement/performance of one of Nobuo's sweeter melodies. All very legato; it might have been nice to have some more mixed articulations, as that's one way string quartet pieces can get a lot of timbral mileage, but this opts for an overall smooth delivery, from beginning to end.

It's hard NOT to like this, but at the same time I DO think the arrangement could have used some more sparks & verve - even while retaining the very flowing, swaying vibe, there are plenty of ways to surprise the more jaded listener. Just some food for thought; still a

YES