*NO* Jazz Jackrabbit 'ddBouf!'

djpretzel

Email sub file 4I Falcon - ddBouf!.mp3

Sup.

Well, I figured I'd eventually come to OCRemix, after all the outstanding things I'd heard about it. When I actually heard some of the remixes you guys host, I was hooked. I now have about half of your entire archive lying in wait on my hard drive. Next time you get a chance tell Mazedude I want to have his lovechild.

Well, maybe not. But all the same.

The one thing that really shocked me, however, is that you have no remixes of any of the music from the Jazz Jackrabbit series. Now, I happen to be a big fan of Jazz Jackrabbit, and at the same time I'm an avid musician, so I put two and two together and got something that most certainly isn't four. In fact, I think it might be closer to nineteen.

But I digress.

So here's all the stuff you asked for on the submissions criteria page, lined up for your viewing/listening pleasure.

Remixer Name: 4I Falcon

E-mail Address: foureyefalcon@hotmail.com

UserID: None as of yet, but soon to be.

Remixed Game: Jazz Jackrabbit

Name of Song: Orbitus (song11)

Additional information about game: Released in 1994 for the PC, Jazz Jackrabbit was the brainchild of Cliff Bleszinski and Arjan Brussee, inspired by classic console games such as Super Mario Bros., Mega Man, and especially the fast-paced Sonic the Hedgehog. It was named Arcade Game of the Year by PC Format Magazine, as its vibrant graphics and speedy gameplay were something of a novelty on the PC at the time. The music for the original Jazz Jackrabbit was composed by Robert Allen.

Link to the original song: attached (song11.s3m)

Comments: I composed this song a year or two ago, as well as a generous number of other Jazz Jackrabbit remixes, as submissions to the second Jazz Jackrabbit Musicdisk compilation hosted by Haze at www.jazz2online.com. Unfortunately, this song didn't make it into the compilation, simply because it wasn't completed on time; however, it is still one of my better remixes, and I hope to get it into the third Musicdisk. Involved in the process of creating this song: Cubase 3.7SE, a Korg X5D, and countless lunch hours that I could have spent having lunch. (Fun fact!: ddbouf is the cheat code for invincibility in the game.)

I have a good number of other songs I'd love to send your way sooner rather than later, as I am a rather eager little music whore. However, being that I've decided to play nice and respect your "wait three weeks, only send your best work and such" rule, it's probably going to take me, eh, about a year or so to get all my stuff across to you guys.

That's about it. I think I'm just about out of words, so I'm going to go ahead and hit the send button now.

Enjoy.

- 4I Falcon.

Source: http://www.doulifee.com/prc/TheOrichalcon/Orbitus.s3m

Direct Sampling, ahoy. This is pretty much just a sound upgrade of the original. The arrangement is exactly the same right the way through with a few additive bits around the ripped melody.

OCR Guidelines]In terms of arrangement - how close or distant ReMixes should be to the original - the general rule is that the ReMix should be YOURS. We don't just mean that you were involved in its creation, but that it is different enough from the original so as to readily illustrate the contributions, modifications, and enhancements you have made. In other words, don't just take the original and drop a few drum loops on top.

You need to put a lot more effort into arrangement in future.

NO OVERRIDE