[FL] Tempo, MIDI, and audio clips

I'm working on a project with MIDI channels and audio clips from someone else. So far, no problem.

The main issue is that the tempo changes several times during the song and FL Studio is changing the size (ressampling?) my audio clips. Those audio clips were rendered with the tempo changes.

Is there a way to make everything easy and clean? Maybe rendering all the MIDI tracks and only mixing the audio clips together in a new project?

At that point, it'd be less complicated to arrange everything with Audacity! :lol:

Help & tips appreciated, thanks! :)

I'm working on a project with MIDI channels and audio clips from someone else. So far, no problem.

The main issue is that the tempo changes several times during the song and FL Studio is changing the size (ressampling?) my audio clips. Those audio clips were rendered with the tempo changes.

Is there a way to make everything easy and clean? Maybe rendering all the MIDI tracks and only mixing the audio clips together in a new project?

At that point, it'd be less complicated to arrange everything with Audacity! :lol:

Help & tips appreciated, thanks! :)

Speaking of Audio, I record guitar stuff in Reaper. I shall have some new guitar takes to you tonight!

The work around I had for this in FL Studio is to make a layout of all the tempo changes on the timeline using automation clips. Then, put in all the audio clips after the fact. Also, if it asks you to "re-stretch all channels now" or something like that, just click "no".

Honestly this is the one thing that I realllly hate about FL Studio. They should just handle time sig and tempo changes like everyone else. They really have no excuse at this point.

The most obvious starting point would be to slice your audio clips wherever tempo changes occur, but make sure you have somewhere in the previous tempo selected before you do. This ensures that audio stays lined up correctly as you skip around the track.

If the audio track is noticeably speeding up or slowing down, which accompanies a change in pitch, I'm not sure what you'd have to do there.

If the audio track is noticeably speeding up or slowing down, which accompanies a change in pitch, I'm not sure what you'd have to do there.

This is the problem: the tempo is changing quite often. The automation clip solution may be handy, but not precise.

Maybe importing one sound clip after another, use effects/EQ on them, and export everything in a sound editor like Audacity for volume is the key.