* Your real name : Juliano Flores

* Your email address : n/a

* Your website : http://www.tibone.co.nr

* Your userid (number, not name) on our forums : Not registered

* ReMix Info

* Name of game(s) ReMixed : Phantasy Star

* Name of individual song(s) ReMixed : Village Song

* ReMix Name : Under a Palman Tree

* Made for DoD, placed 10th (or 11th, iirc).

* Light-Rock ReMix of the Village theme.

-

Thanks in advance.

Alright; first off, you really gotta try to humanize those drums and make them more interesting. Slap some reverb on them too. They're very mechanical right now compared to the guitar parts which are, of course, all live. My big complaint here is that this mix just doesn't seem to go anywhere. There are sections where it's just very basic guitar riffs - 'noodling', I guess one could call it - and the very mechanical drums. To be completely honest, it's just boring, for the most part. The fact that it's JUST guitar + drums + bass doesn't help. The texture is very sparse, even in the sections that are supposed to sound more full. Also, while the guitar performance was good for the most part, I felt it could have been tightened up a little bit. The recording quality, however, was fine.

The arrangement IS interpretive. I'll give it that. However, there are other issues here, primarily with the texture of the song and its structure, that are far too big to ignore. Also, some of the original material added seems 'wandering' for lack of a better word. It's not doing anything, it's just there. If you plan on resubmitting keep these things in mind.

NO

http://www.zophar.net/vgm/phanstar.zip - "Village"

Yeah, the drum patterns were energetic enough IMO, right up until you slowed things down at :45. Then all of sudden, they were really basic and plodding, with the guitar not doing much to compensate for a very empty, sterile track.

Not sure what the point was at 2:17-2:42; not particularly musical, and I agree with zircon, directionless. 2:53 until the fadeout ending offered a very barren, mechanical drumloop finish.

The piece could use more direction sure, but more complexity for the plainer drumkit stuff and creativity during some of the staler parts would help. Decent arrangement ideas here, especially of a mere 19-second-long original, but the execution is too spotty. Some good ideas, but mostly underdeveloped.

NO

Needs a lot more to it. Guitar + electro-drums doesn't cut it. You need to fill things out with a substantial bassline (cut the unison crap).

Needs way more depth than just successive 8th notes in the comping. This piece plods along and I find myself bored halfway through it.

What is going on at 2:17?

And that drumloop vamp ending sucks. This sounds like a work-in-progress.

A decent start, but yeah, definitely needs more development.

NO