Final Fantasy II, "Battle Theme A"

Final Fanfare

This has to be one of my all time favorite soundtracks when I played through Final Fantasy II on my Dawn of Souls copy. The song popped up occasionally throughout the game for optional bosses like monster-in-a-box type situations. Once I unlocked the music player, I would listen to it in the background while I did other things.

The second half of the theme as it goes to repeat is the most emotional, dramatic part of the soundtrack.

I'm calling for someone, anyone, with a talent for more orchestral arrangements to give this wonderful, lesser known track the attention it deserves.

Here's a youtube link to the song:

A couple of other themes that may work well from the game to give variety would be the equally epic Castle Pandemonium theme (

), the melodic parts of Battle Scene 2 (
), or Ancient Castle for softer melodic contrast (
).

Thank you,

Final Fanfare

• 1 month later...
Maybe it's not the exact PSP version, but isn't the one titled "Battle" under the "Japan Only" the theme you're looking for? Unless it just has the same recurring theme but is actually completely different.

Final Fantasy II

That's not it. That's just the regular battle theme, the one I'm looking for is used for bosses. Kinda similar melody though.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...