Aquatic Ambiance Remix

Hi to all, recently i have been very devoted to make the best out of my DAW, so i am practicing making some remixes,. I am currently working on a Aquatic Ambiance remix from DKC 1, any feedback is greatly appreciated.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/93823550/%5BWIP%5D%20Aquatic%20Ambiance.mp3

Edited by NyxTheShield
(Bad title)

It may just be a personal taste thing, but I think there should be less of the low-mids picking sound on the guitar. It somehow feels mechanical with those in, and it's also clashing with the pad later on. Also, I agree that the clap currently doesn't fit. It can, though, with some work. I think the drum patterns with two claps in a row disrupt the ambient vibe. If you try lowering the dry signal of the clap and slightly increasing the reverb predelay to make it sound more distant, that should help.

Try listening to this one.

Edited by timaeus222

Honestly the harsh off-center clap really lets down what is otherwise a wonderful chill track. Some kind of filtered snare would work a treat.

Hahaha i have received mixed feedback about the drums, i think its a love it/hate it thing, i was trying to get a more, "rap" feel to for the drums, i was trying to put my own touch to this classic, but at the same time, trying to stay as close as possible to the original.