djpretzel

*Contact Info

ReMixer name: DJ Velly

E-mail address: dj_velly@yahoo.com

Your website: http://www.geocities.com/dj_velly

* ReMix Info

Name of game ReMixed: Mega Man Zero

Name of song ReMixed: Neo Arcadia Theme

Here's my second submission. I hope it makes it further than the last one--that is, at least to the point of being judged. It's a bit of a trance piece, which I thought fit with the simple melody, and then I layered some rock on it near the end. Possibly not enough variation, but I tried.

- Velly

Do You Yahoo!?

Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around http://mail.yahoo.com

http://www.zophar.net/gsf/mmzero_gsf.rar - 19 "Neo Arcadia"

The fourth 6-minute-long mix I've heard in this batch; they're really getting no better. The other 3 haven't been creative enough to sustain the time, so hopefully this'll be different. My hopes...are not high.

Ah man, so tacky. I mean, the generic-sounding trance instrumentation notwithstanding, this had to bring in the cheesy, teenager voice work that tries to sound deep but only sounds ridiculous. At least hook your voice up with some effects/processing.

Is that a MIDI piano at 1:34? It's thin, quiet and in there for all of 12 seconds. What's the point?

2 minutes in, I'm expecting some new ideas to keep things moving, but it's not happening. I must say though, as generic as this sounds, the soundscape at least sounds fairly clean, so you get props for that.

Some drumloops & FL Slayer geetar came in at 2:42 to change the feel a bit, but not by much. Beats aren't changing up much either. Things became crowded at 3:07; watch what you're doing there trying to cram so many sounds in there at once.

Instrumentation changes up at 3:36 with some VERY sparse, beginner-ish beats, leaving the track sounding empty. Goes back to the trancy stuff at 4:00, now with some layered claps, finally building back into the same basic groove from before at 4:18. I feel like it rendered the 3:36-4:00 useless.

Wish this track did more to interpret the theme. Basically a genre adaptation with a few changes in instrumentation and effects over time, but not really anything significant. Needs more work here to sound like a unique and comprehensive arrangement approach.

Keep at it as far as making mixes, Josh. You show some talent and seem to have a grasp at the basics, but now need to continue improving your game.

NO

Larry's right about the voice. Unfortunately your voice has that typical American teenager accent that doesn't sound really deep at all; just emo. Don't say "zeeyerow." :(

Yeah, this is really repetitive and boring. Generic beats, generic synths, and hardly any arrangement to speak of. You could have at least worked in the B section of this theme from the Shitennou theme. Bleh.

Not particularly bad once it hits the 3:20 mark; I was enjoying it a bit. But this needs way more substance and depth.

NO