OCR02990 - *YES* Street Fighter 2 'The Eyepatch of the Tiger' *RESUB*

Chimpazilla

More source for sure. I absolutely love the various ways you chose to work the extra source in, you really kept it fresh while bringing that theme in several times.

Some of that backing source is super subtle, perhaps too subtle. The piano at 1:45 could be louder, in fact the piano should really be the lead from 1:45 until 1:58, with the brass-synth stabs pushed to the background. At 3:04, the backing synth you added sounds great, and it should stay in the background, but could be a bit louder, or eq'd to come through just a bit better (it's really nice though). Be careful about panning it too hard to the right, though, keep panning subtle when you're going just to one side.

That bass is written so well! The addition of that little bit of source in the bassline at 3:44 is dynamite.

I haven't done a source comparison, I'll get to that shortly (unless Larry beats me to it!) (one can only hope)

I'm getting used to the claps. The are almost so un-clap like, that they are more like a snappy snare. Huh, it's working.

I like the brass synth. Yeah, it's a SYNTH. Not trying to be brass. Also, plenty of brass synth in the source! It's working.

Given enough source usage, this is a pass for me. My production issues aren't enough to hold this one back.

YES

Edited by Chimpazilla

OK, so the musicianship was an obvious pass last time, so let's see what's up now.

The old breakdown was :52-:53, 1:05-1:18.75, 1:32-1:45, 1:58.5-2:11.5, 2:24.75-2:36.5, 3:37.75-3:40.5, 4:03.75-4:30.25 = 77.75 seconds or 28.07% overt source usage

Now we have some added usage of Sagat's theme in other places:

1:18.75-1:32 (very subtle), 1:45-1:58, 3:05.75-3:37.75 (subtle), 3:51.5-4:03.75 = 70.5 seconds

So the total combined with the previous version pulls the source usage up to 148.25 seconds or 53.5%

I would have loved for the added source usage from 1:18.75-1:32 to be boosted up in volume. Less so for 3:05.75-3:37.75 as well, but wouldn't have minded a bump up there too. That said, the sum total of the additions put the source usage nicely over the top for me.

Source usage dominance isn't just about using a theme, it's about how it's positioned in the context of the arrangement, so I could still some NOs based some of the added usage being too quiet. To me, the additions should have been a little bit louder; it's subtle, like I mentioned approaching revisions last time, albeit TOO subtle in places. That said, I could hear Sagat's theme enough in the background when listening for those additions, so I'm cool with it. Let's go.

YES