*NO* Sonic the Hedgehog 'Sonic Fusion Ride'

djpretzel

Hello, my (remix) name is J-Treble and this my remix of Green Hill Zone from Sonic the Hedgehog 1, called the Sonic Fusion Ride. Forgive me for the lame name. :)

My forum member number is: 41115

The url is:

My new website 'Stardust Speedway Zone Music' (aka SSZ Music) is located at: http://virtumon-official.com/SSZ%20Music/index1.htm

Peace!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger’s low PC-to-Phone call rates.

First of all, the second note of the Green Hill melody is wrong, and no, it's not something you can chalk upto melodic interpretation, because there's nothing going on in the background harmonically to support the note change, and this remix is extremely straightforward in its interpretation anyway. The melody goes down a minor third, not a minor second. You're off by a step.

The rest of the remix is kind of boring and follows the progression of the source very closely. Not enough variation. The part where everything drops out and it's just percussion and bass could have been a lot better if you'd made the effort to break down the rhythms, but it just ends up being the bassline and drumpart (sans snare) going through a phrase of the music.

Not a bad remix, but it needs a lot more originality and interpretation than a dance beat and arpeggiators.

NO

I gotta agree with Darke. Lots of basic, default FL sounds, and a simplistic arrangement. You really have to do more than this to get on this site today. I would go to the ReMixing forum, read some tutorials, download VSTs and soundfonts, listen to newer remixes and get an idea of what their arrangement is like, and then try again.

NO