Contact Info :

Your ReMixer name : animus invidious & alterior

Your email address : andis_green@yahoo.com

Your website : www.soundclick.com/animusinvidious

Your userid (number, not name) on our forums : none

ReMix Info

Name of game(s) ReMixed : final fantasy 6

Name of individual song(s) ReMixed : terra

Your own comments about the mix, for example the inspiration behind it, how it was made, etc. :

Electronics by Alterior, guitars, bass, and harp by Animus

'Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.' - Robert Frost (1875-1963)

"The greatest pleasure I know is to do a good action by stealth, and to have it found out by accident."

- Charles Lamb

I'm really not feeling those weird phasing cymbal crashes.. they're piercing, and really take away from the soundscape. However, from the intro alone it's clear you have some pretty creative sound design ideas going on. It takes about 2 minutes before you actually bring in the Terra theme, and as much as I like the intro, that's a little long. Production-wise, I would scrap that FM bell lead. It's not mixed well and it's just ugly. The guitars sometimes sound a bit off rhythm and there's LOTS of clipping going on when the melody comes in. The strings at times seem on the dry side, as well, and though this may be more of a subjective thing, I think the drums were probably compressed too much. Lastly, and this is most apparent in the B section, I thought that things were just sort of muddy when you had all the different parts playing at once. It didn't sound like anything was properly mixed or EQ'd to stand out.

The highlight of this remix is the arrangement. I thought there were some really cool ideas going on in that department, and the flow of the track made sense. The main Terra melody is treated somewhat blandly, and I would have liked to hear more variation there, but for the most part I'd say this is clearly an interpretation and don't have much beef with that aspect of the remix. My only complaint is the ending which is practically non-existent.

The big problem here isn't the concept, but rather, the execution. The production is simply sloppy. There's no attention paid to individual parts having more or less precedence. There's clipping all over, and the guitar parts don't seem synced up, and sometimes they don't hit the pitches straight-on. All of these things need to be tuned up significantly before this remix has a chance of passing. However, if you can do that, I think you'll have a solid piece on your hands. Keep at it.

NO

http://snesmusic.org/v2/download.php?spcNow=ff6 - "Tina" (ff6-201.spc)

Not exactly the most creative name for this track. Cool intro. Hahaha! The volume is definitely up there. Percussion sounds pretty loose. The piano sample sounds very artificial. The sound balance is pretty poor the whole way through; arguably, nothing is positioned in the soundfield where it should be.

About 1:00-in, and I'm not feeling that any workable texture with the instrumentation or cohesive direction with the writing. It's sounds too haphazard and random. The track barely sounds like Terra until some slight connection are (finally) made from 1:41-1:54.

1:54 finally brings in the melody, but the same issues from before are here. Some decent arrangement ideas, certainly. Section at 3:47 sounds decidedly lo-fi, with audible hiss and just a generally low-quality recording.

If this was cohesively performed with more sensible post-production, this could be really cool.

NO

The flanged drums are annoying every time they come in and take away from the other instruments, overwhelming them at times. The piano that comes in at 0.36 could use a little more reverb. Nice buildup of energy and sound between 0.36 and 1.08, the melodic parts sound really good here, if not a little robotic due to the piano's constant velocity.

Mixing is poorly done, instruments come in way too loud and clip the whole thing out, especially the drums. With better use of proper dynamics, rather than just loud or clipping, this could have been a good mix. From about 3 minutes on things get much better, although in my opinion the instruments are still rather dry (need some more reverb).

Arrangement wise I like what has been added, especially the last half of the mix. However, the bad mixing and clipping issues mean that this is a

NO