World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor

Piracy

I managed to play about 2-3 hours on Thursday night. Really enjoying the improvements to the questing. Questing is my favorite thing to do in WoW and all of the added voices and stuff really makes the experience a lot better.

Only problem I've been having while playing is finding ore. Gotta get dat mining up, amirite? Also need it for engineering contracts in my garrison. WHERE IS THE ORE?!

Cool stuff:

Quests in the world are solely focused on important plot arcs now and have split the more mundane stuff elsewhere, such as bonus objectives. The whole way they design zones nowadays just seems better with lots of dynamic exploration stuff.

The follower missions in garrisons is a fun little metagame. I just hope there is some more depth and tangible rewards for it. We'll see at level 100.

Lots of gear like weapons and shoulders have little physics-enabled features now, like chains dangling around when moving instead of just being a static 2D image.

Ashran sounds cool on paper. Haven't gotten a chance to actually try it out yet though.

Professions can now be leveled from start to finish with Draenor mats which makes things a lot easier and more straightforward for certain professions.

Not so cool stuff:

The launch woes of course. This is by far the worst launch of an expansion simply due to the sheer magnitude and persistence of issues. We're on day 3 now and people have to put up with hours long queues and instance/phasing technology ingame not working correctly. People have been stuck in queues for as long as 7 hours.

Garrisons being made into such an essential/integral part of the game instead of an optional side thing, and this obviously goes hand in hand with the phasing shit which is causing so much headaches for a lot of people.

Dungeon runs feel more unrewarding than ever right now. At least when leveling. There's hardly any drops from bosses with the new personal loot system, and the exp gaining rate was pretty terrible. Did 2 dungeons but learned my lessons and won't waste time with them again until level 100 heroics.

I'm surprised there is no thread already.

So how about those login queues? :nicework: Today I waited over 6 hours to play on Illidan for about 1.5 hours before the server maintenance.

I've been waking up early and keeping myself online to avoid Illidan cues. So far I've been pretty lucky, but I can't say the same for a lot of other people in the guild.

100 tongiht, doe!...then I wait for everyone else >_<

• 2 weeks later...

I just did Molten Core last night as part of the 10 year anniversary.

Oh man...all of the nostalgia...all of the feels! It felt so epic to actually -fight- Ragnaros again, instead of just kill him in 10 seconds...and in a 40 man raid no less! I was honestly expecting it to be boring and tedious, but the whole time I felt so giddy and nostalgic.