*NO* Fur Fighters 'Training Day'

djpretzel

Uh...yeah. That certainly sounds like an obscure game I'm not gonna be able to find. Without listening to it, I can already tell you that a 1:54-long arrangement is almost assuredly too short and underdeveloped as a concept to have any chance of passing.

Piano used here is VERY mechanically sequenced and sounds really lo-fi compared to the other sounds. Drums and beats are really rigidly sequenced as well. Lead synth on melody at :33 is really generic and doesn't cut through the drums like it should.

The combination of sounds here doesn't manage to fill out the soundfield well. You might wanna harmonize some more stuff with the melody and beef up that bassline to give the track some more meat.

Really, really beginner-ish stuff in terms of how it's put together. The timing sounds robotic and devoid of feeling, the instruments don't fill out the soundfield and the arrangement is repetitive and undeveloped.

NO

• 3 weeks later...

There is not a lot you can do in less than two minutes. If you look at the ReMixes we have been posting for the last year or two, most are well over two minutes. You need a decent amount of time to develop an arrangement. This is not particularly developed. The sounds are very plain and mechanical, and the piece itself does not change significantly in any way - key, tempo, rhythms, chords, etc. Your goal here should be to make your own interpretation of a tune by means of varying it and adding your own material. It sounds to me like you probably just played it straight up here with some simple instruments. That's no good. Check out the WIP and ReMixing forums in the future before you submit.

NO