Donkey Kong Country | Aquatic Ambience / Coral Capers - Metal Remix

ToxicxEternity

sweet playing, and great sound

also, that are some really pretty acoustic guitars

Would you care to do a little rundown of how you did the song ? (mix wise)

Sure! I used a fishman acoustic DI pedal to go direct in with the acoustics. I prefer that to micing personally.

Rhythms are a scooped heavy tone, clearing up that midrange allows the kick/snare and leads to cut through.

Leads are super upper mid-range heavy which lets them cut through

MOD REVIEW:

First and foremost, great track, man! Well mixed, clean arrangement, great production values. I loved it. As a slight side, your high e-string sounded a bit sharp, but that's not a big problem: just thought you'd like to know your string goes sharp.

I honestly think this arrangement has enough personality to squeak by the panel... if the song wasn't as highly represented on the site as it is. Unfortunately, the issue with this song is the source itself has many arrangements for it, already, and one of them is also an excellent metal arrangement of it.

It wouldn't be the first source with a lot of arrangement love with more than one metal remix, though, so I say submit it to the panel. It's a pretty cool song, so I wish you the best on the panel! :)