Emunator

Remixer Name: Faseeh

Email address:

User ID: 52345

Game arranged: Sonic Colors (Wii)

Name of arrangement: Evening Mist

Name of individual song: Planet Wisp - Act 1

Comments about the remix:

I feel this is one of my works that I really like. Thinking it'd be nice to get this out, I decided I could put it out to OCRemix. The remix is inspired by French and Chill House that I had been hearing. I wanted to do something minimalistic and something that'd keep true to the original source, while giving a different musical dimension. Planet Wisp is a beautiful place, and just imagine being there with dew on the leaves, mist surrounding you, sky all purple and you're lost in the serene beauty.

Source:

Edited by Liontamer
closed decision

This one really caught my ear when I was going through the inbox. I was totally on board with giving a YES vote to this track... until I saw the length :-( 2 minutes really isn't long enough to create a fully realized remix in most cases, and especially with this track, it feels like you fizzled out just as you were getting into a solid groove. As Chimp said, this has room for at least another 2-3 minutes of material.

Other than the length, I really enjoyed what you have in place - each of the little sonic elements contributes to a wonderful, afternoon vibe that I could listen to on loop while driving or running. It's all very pleasant, but you've gotta give us more content than this! Just to be clear, too... we're not looking for you to just loop your track for another 2 minutes, because that won't fly, either, but at least another minute or two of substantial development to your ideas without using direct repetition would be enough to sway my opinion on this :-)

NO (PLEASE resubmit!!)

Edited by Emunator

I'm disappointed too! This is a really great two minute wip, it does feel like a wip because of the way it ends, it seems like the ideas just ran out at that point and you just rendered a wip of what you had so far. There is no ending. I really like the sound of this though, it's a conservative yet creative take on the source. Two minutes is just a tease, this could easily be twice as long with extra sections added, some super soft breakdown and then a really wild solo section would be fun before the outro. And it needs an outro.

I hope you will expand this and resubmit it! While you're at it, I recommend a bit of an eq cleanup, primarily in the lead timbre, it has too much in the lows and is nearly competing with the bass. Just eq it so it doesn't do too much below 500-800ish Hz and it will sit better in the mix.

NO (resubmit)

• 2 weeks later...