OCR03130 - ToeJam & Earl 'Killer Toe Funk'

Emunator

Link

Title: Killer Toe Funk

Remixers: ffmusicdj and Geoffrey Taucer

Game arranged: Toejam & Earl

Songs arranged: Toejam Jammin'

Haroon says:

I haven't composed a remix in quite some time. I haven't submitted to OCR in ages. I want to fix those two things.

The song originated as a test song for a Phaser plugin I developed for guitars and synths. The song just kept growing from 4 bars, to 8, until we had about 20 bars of content and wanted to continue making it into a full song. Me and Jeremy just kept going for a month or more until it was finished. Production was fun and the content we recorded will hopefully be available soon for Reason users. I think Jeremy did a great job with the guitar, and I honestly can't wait to do more work with him in the future. I really miss making music, and I'm glad to be back.

Taucer says:

OH MY COSMOS IT FEELS SO GOOD TO BE MAKING MUSIC AGAIN! This started out as a short demo for Haroon's distorion and phaser plugins (which everybody should buy right now: http://thatmusiccompany.com/) and evolved from there.

I did the guitars, Haroon did everything else on the production side (percussion, badass organ work, and making me sound like a much better guitarist than I actually am), and the overall arrangement was very much a collaborative effort. I pulled a few ideas from live jams I've done of the same source at MAGfest, so while they didn't contribute directly to the mix as recorded here, I want to give shout-outs to Jay "Audio Fidelity" Yaskin, Brad "Prophetik" Burr, Sam "Shnabubula" Weiss, Noah "Escariot" Luddington, and Sid "Sid Meier" Meier.

At any rate, this mix was a blast to work on, and I will hopefully be doing many more collabs with Haroon in the future.

-Taucer

Source:

• 3 weeks later...

This is pretty much the last thing I'd expect to hear from the two collaborating artists, given their previous musical styles, so hearing this was such a fantastic surprise. Like your other collaborations that I've heard, the end result is a totally natural fusion, and this piece in particular does a great job showcasing the distortion effects you were trying to demo without ever feeling like a sales pitch that lacks any heart or fun behind it.

Good work guys :-)

YES