The most bang for the buck...

It would be news to me if it did. I've been keeping a keen eye out for FL OSX with no such happiness being brought to me.

The makers of FL aren't thinking of releasing FL Studio for the Mac soon, anyways. FL is written in Delphi so it's very difficult to do a cross-platform version.

• 2 weeks later...

Logic has a rediculous learning curve. I used it for years and just got fed up with it. Im still in a windows environment so i moved to steinbergs platform and i am now using Nuendo 3. This such an easier environment to work with.

Anyway, my recommendation to you. If you can afford, get Digital Perfomer. I played with it at an expo once, man what a beautiful piece of software.

Logic has a rediculous learning curve. I used it for years and just got fed up with it.

Umm I've had the demo for like a week and I'm loving it. I don't see whats so hard. I've been able to do everything fairly easily. The GUI is a little overwhelming at first, but its really just like FL or Cubase, etc. I haven't had any problems with it so I'm positive I'll be getting Logic Express. One the trial demo runs out of course. Gotta milk that for all its worth first.

Actually, I've found that Logic is extremely easy. Want to add a new tempo, just click the bar and adjust the tempo slider. Synths are a little confusing (the windows are pretty, but not terribly functional), but what they lose in immediate ease of use, they overcome greatly with sheer power and flexibility. The EXP 24 sampler is very nice (and supports Garage Band EXS instruments! Yesss!). Honestly, I don't understand why its so hard to use. The MIDI environment is a little confusing, but again its all a matter of learning the environment.

Needless to say, I love it, so this thread should probably be lockjed/forgotten/overlooked, because I've made my choice. Thanks to everyone who gave me advice. I'm glad I got some help and I will be happy with this new software!!