Drumline, anyone?

Necrox

Is anyone here involved with marching percussion? I just finished writing a very challenging bass drum piece that I don't know if my line will pull off. I would love to give it out since I've wroked hard on it. I have it written down on sheets, but I lack legit composing programs so emailed pictures are the best I can do.

It would also be cool if we could share info of where we marched/teched and stuff just for fun.

Currently a member of Western Carolina University's "Pride Of The Mountains Marching Band," and I play tenors for the secondary drum line (hey, we can't have all 500+ members marching all at once!). Can't play bass to save my life, but I could always take a look at it if you want and show it to the line.

On a side note, if you need someone to digitize your piece I can gladly do so. (Also, where's your avatar? :-D)

Being in one of the best amateur marching bands of the world (K&G), I do know quite a number of skilled percussionalists, but we've only got one bass drum. So I actually can't really imagine a bass drum piece. Except if you've written it for several differently pitched bass drums, in which case I can't help you. Could you expand on your piece please? 

We won the world amateur contest on Marching two years ago, and were the best of Europe in show. I was just 16 back then.

• 2 weeks later...

I marched snare for 3 years in high school.  I still practice on a pad for fun.  Gotta keep those chops up.  I know people say you should not have regrets in life, but I was just thinking the other day that I regret not continuing it.  I auditioned once for a college drumline, didn't get in, but that was the end of it.  I didn't even try to get into other drumlines or drum corps after that.  So now I feel like an old man with only high school level chops.  doh.

I probably couldn't be much help because I've never played bass, nor have I ever taught or written for bass lines.  I imagine as part of the process, you could always just give it to them and see what happens, and if it's just a total mess you could rewrite and try to simplify the parts.  Good luck with everything.