*NO* James Pond 2 'Fishy Agent'

Liontamer

Hello OC ReMix lads and ladetts!

I had a listen to the Immortal 2 Amiga-remix-album the other week, and the James Pond 2 remake on it (despite being made by Richard Joseph himself) left me pretty unimpressed. My "vision" was of a more ska oriented nature, with a touch of 1960's surf rock (I blame an excess Robert Johnson and Punchdrunks consumption for that).

Anyway, "själv är bäste dräng" as the Swedish saying goes! I had to put my own mind to it, and here's the result:

It's pretty short, I know, but surf rock should be short and intense. Plus, the original doesn't give you much more to work with. So instead of making my own stuff up (this is pretty much a 1:1 cover/remix) to make it longer, and wanting to avoid it getting repetitive, I decided against any further adding to the tune.

I hope you enjoy it, and find it to be OC ReMix-worthy!

Regards,

Makke

-----------------------------------------------------

http://www.exotica.org.uk/tunes/archive/Authors/Game/Joseph_Richard/James_Pond_2.lha - Title (cust.title)

Yeah, this is a great upgrade, and you certainly weren't a slouch in trying to personalize the cover approach and flesh out the instrumentation. I dunno about Joseph's version (I'd love to hear it to compare), but this WOULD be great on an arrange album, As far as it goes for the standards, however, the structure is indeed basically 1:1 with the original. The interpretation factor is just too low here.

I know you're a guy who sees things as "what's done is done", but I would have loved to have heard this with other ideas added to the picture. Looking forward to whatever you have in store next, Marcus, even though this one is a NO-go.

Yes, definitely a cover. I can hear the additions you've done, and you've done a good job converting it to your chosen genre. But the arrangement is pretty much identical. You should know that OCR doesn't accept these kinds of remixes. We look for a little more in the re-arrangement department. I can understand not wanting to change something once you're happy with it, but nobody is forcing you to submit it to OCR either in a state that is obviously not going to be accepted.

On a kind note though, I did enjoy what you did to it, even if it was a cover.

NO

• 2 weeks later...