Liontamer

Hi everyone,

Real quick here's my info:

Name: Sreyas Krishnan

ReMixer name: Hollidayrain

E-mail address: sreyaskr@msn.com

Name of Game: Top Gear

Name of Track: Track 1

I'm really sorry, I don't have a website so I'm going to have to attach it. Sorry.

Well, here it is, my Top Gear ReMix. One fine day, I was wandering around the web when I happened to stumble upon your website here. I looked around and eventually I found a ReMixer on this site named Rayza. I checked out a couple of his tunes and I was stunned at how great they sounded. And one of these tunes happened to be Rayza's Final Nitro Mix of Track 1 from Top Gear. I fell in love with the theme.

So, I decided to give the theme a shot myself. This mix is definitely, without doubt, electronica. I don't have the heart to call it trance or plain old techno because its somewhere in between those two. My friends and parents really like this piece so I hope I did well. However, I'm not sure if my sound quality is up to par with your sites standards. I'm still learning how to mix sound properly. I just want to see what you all have to say. Hopefully, with some feedback you can help me improve as a ReMixer and maybe, if this one isn't good enough, someday I'll be able to make one that is.

Thanks!

-Hollidayrain

-------------------------------------------------

http://snesmusic.org/v2/download.php?spcNow=tg - "Las Vegas" (tg-2.spc)

That's cool that Rayza inspired this mix. Nice SFX sample for the intro. This is a decent though straightforward approach, and doesn't sound too much different on the arrangement side than Rayza's, with the exception of the blander synths and production. Piano at :47 sounded really fake, but was at a level where it wasn't exposed TOO badly.

The overall atmosphere felt empty. Some harmonization and/or countermelodic support under the melody would have helped, though you did take advantage of that later on. Some light effects in there, but the synths were generally thin.

Pretty much needs more development with the basics, i.e. fleshing out the soundfield more and further developing the arrangement. Right now, there's some obvious personalization/interpretation of the source, but it's not comprehensive in any way. Can't really say much more than that.

NO

eh, doesn't do anything new and falters as a result of it. the synths are pretty plain like generic oatmeal. this has potential but as it is right now, it has very little energy and this sounds like it is trying to have a lot more than what it actually is pushing forward.

the production in this case isn't so much flawed as it is bland. production can, for some, be a matter of what sounds good to you. if it sounds like sex then it will be. so that isn't what i have a problem with right now... i just think your overall musicality on this track is lacking just a smidge.

take it back to the drawing board. fiddle around with giving it some energy and drive. make tha groove really groove. improve the bite on the synths and see where it goes.

NO

This is pretty bland at this point. Basic trance drums, bass, with synth arps. I've come to accept that most synths are going to sound "generic", so I try not to overuse the word, but if you're going to be using the johnny-come-lately leads, I highly implore you to seek out new and innovative ways to either use them, or otherwise them with some sort of exciting and fun accomanyment. Several places in the mix sound a little empty like, 1:01, and 1:40 sound terribly thin. The song is way too repetitive. Arps = too loud. The ending is kind of weak, too. Might want to rethink that part, too.

Anyway. Throw some more meat on the plate, bro. Synth + repetitive arp + simple bass and drum accompanyments = weak. This could be a really fun mix if you put the work into it. If you're happy the way it is, then that's cool--I don't mean to imply that the song is crap or anything, it's just not quite OCR ready at this point. I wish you luck in your future submissions.

NO