Liontamer

Kabbizzle

Kurtis Anthony Brown

Kab3181@gmail.com

Megaman X2

Magna Centipede

Snes

Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music & Anime Soundtracks List

I hope u like this mix it was fun makin.

-------------------------------------------------------

http://snesmusic.org/v2/download.php?spcNow=mmx2 - Red Alert ("Magna Centipede Stage") [mmx2-12.spc]

Recognize this source tune from its usage in the amped up Joshua Morse's MMX2 medley "SigMatic" from VGMix. Man, how Prot hated that track.

Opened up with some generic synth textures, though the strings were used pretty nicely, albeit quietly. Bears mentioning that the quietest claps in the world came in at :12. Even I recognize that drumloop at :21. Hey, I liked it when Freemind used it! I'll admit though, it fits pretty well within the track. The strings were jerky and badly exposed from 1:02-1:13, and those crappy clappys weren't filling out the track in the slightest.

Good job though in at least changing up the instrumentation slightly from verse to verse, though I heard a rinse-and-repeat of 1:14's section at 2:11. You didn't quite change the dynamics enough to prevent the energy level from feeling static, but the effort was there. The transition to the close at 2:36 was abrupt, but the writing there was excellent.

While praising some of the subtle changeups in the instrumentation, the drumloop-based groove, however, was WAY too repetitive throughout the track. You need to provide more varied beatwork so that the groove doesn't get stale; learning to write more of your own beats/percussion will help you immensely.

The arrangement here wasn't bad, but it also wasn't developed enough. On the production side, for some reason, everything sounded so distant and imbalanced here. The beatwork was at a good volume level, but the melodic and supporting writing was too quiet in comparison and didn't stand out.

Nice first sub though. Use our ReMixing forum to learn more about arrangement and production, and get some critique from community members in the Works forum before submitting in the future.

NO

• 4 weeks later...