*NO* Doom 'Beginning of a Nightmare'

Liontamer

Hi,

This is my second try at remixing. This time I am remixing music from the pc game Doom. This remix is comprised of three different themes from both Doom and Doom 2. I am calling this a remix from the first Doom because 2 out of the 3 themes are from the first Doom. Enjoy, and have fun picking out the themes.

If that link doesn’t work, go to: http://cpl64.dmusic.com/

Scroll down and download the song entitled “Beginning of a Nightmare”

Remixer name: cpl64

E-mail: max_payne_1123@hotmail.com

Game: Doom

Songs: E1M5, E1M7 (Doom) Map 9 (Doom 2)

While the arrangement isn't too engaging, the ideas are all right in bringing separate themes together. If you extended on the drum programming and made it more than a simple drumkit programmed somewhat is less creative than the initial sources. Your production isn't too hot either, flange might sound cool but when it's one flange effect played over a single repeating pattern most of the way through, it gets old fast and sounds noobish.

It you want to actually take this one about 10 steps further and try to organise a proper arrangement with solid production, this could be good. But right now, it sounds like WIP phase #0.05

MEIN LEBEN!

(no.)

http://www.doom2.net/~doomdepot/music/doom%201%20&%202%20midis.zip - Doom 2: Map09, Doom: E1M5 & E1M7

The drumwork in particular had some decent basic effects on it, but barely changed up, plus stuff like the strings samples sounded very synthetic and jerky with the note movements. The overall atmosphere was too muddy and indistinct; the strings on support got buried as soon as the lower strings entered in.

The arrangement is pretty simplistic, undeveloped and repetitive with the Doom 2 portion as the foundation. The other source melodies were basically pasted on top of the Doom 2 cover, E1M7 at :53 and E1M5 at 1:47. Decent first go, but nothing substantive yet.

NO

• 3 weeks later...