*NO* Raiden 'Gallantry - PME Symphonic'

Liontamer

Hello

I wish to submit the following remix for inclusion on Overclocked ReMix:

This is my first submission. My remixer name is P.M. Edwards; just a contraction of my real name, by I prefer to use the initials like that. I think the ID3v2 tags are complete, but I'm not entirely sure. I edited them in Winamp, which seems fairly limited for the purpose.

The source game is the arcade shooter Raiden. The track this remix is based on is Gallantry, which played over stage one of the game. The remix title is "Gallantry - PME Symphonic". I created it from scratch using Cakewalk Home Studio 2004 and EastWest/Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra (Gold Edition). I hold a full commercial license for all samples used in this track.

Let me know if you need any more information. I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Paul Edwards

daigohji@hotmail.com

----------------------------------------------------

http://www.voidaudio.net/audio/midi/Rdn1stg1.mid - "Gallantry"

The sounds aren't poor, but the overall creativity isn't that hot. The percussion for the first 33 seconds was spartan, seemed to have a few minor issues with the timing, and didn't fill out the track well enough.

The arrangement as a whole was pretty underdeveloped and repetitive, especially rehashing the first section again (with embellishments) at 1:34 for a mere 2:10-long arrangement. More substance, please. Good ideas so far, but there needs to be more of 'em.

NO

• 4 weeks later...

This definitely lacks power - the timpanis don't fill out the low end at all, this needs some bass. Not only would it add to the low end, but it would also contribute harmonically as well. For it's short length, I hear repeating sections, and for some sections, the timing was very loose.

The sounds you have at your disposal have great potential, and so do you. I think you need to spend more time on your pieces to get them sounding great. Also listen to more orchestral pieces in the same style as this one to hear how they fill out the low end.

NO