Liontamer

Your ReMixer name: "Drule"

Your real name: "Daniel Norström"

Your email address: "drulorn@gmail.com"

Your website: " http://www.drule.net/"

Your userid (number, not name) on our forums: "49449"

"Mystic Magic Heroes of Might and Music"

Name of game(s) ReMixed: "Heroes of Might and Magic II"

Name of individual song(s) ReMixed: the title of the original song I guess would be 'Grass' or 'Grass theme'

Additional information about game if it has not yet been added to the site, including composer, system, etc.:

- Composer(s): "Rob King", "Paul Romero".

- Copyright: "New World Computing"

- Year: "1997"

- System: "PC"

Link to the original soundtrack if it is not one of the sound archives already available on the site:

- " http://www.vgmusic.com/music/computer/microsoft/windows/HoMM2Grass.mid" (a MIDI from vgmusic.com)

Your own comments about the mix, for example the inspiration behind it, how it was made, etc:

- "I basically set out to create a techno tune based on this Heroes of Might and Magic II in-game theme, but I ended up getting a nicer sound than I had first intended so I decided to submit it to OC ReMix as a first-time OC ReMix composition. It is pretty swell if you ask me."

------------------------------------------------------

http://www.vgmusic.com/music/computer/microsoft/windows/HoMM2Grass.mid - "Grass"

Thanks for providing the source. Nice atmosphere for the intro with some personalized expansionist ideas compared to the original. A stock drum flurry at :33 signaled the beetz coming in at :39. Once the melody kicked in at :52, the melody and countermelodic writing was unfortunately basically used verbatim from :15 of the source. Woodwind sample used for the lead was alright, though piercing. The countermelodic stuff didn't cut through the beatwork at all.

Orchestral stabs from 1:19-1:22 were completely cheesy and sounded completely glued into the mix; didn't sound like it was remotely in the same soundscape, causing a drastic disconnect. Then repeated the same stuff as before with some additional stuff in the background. Soundfield was getting pretty crowded and piercing up until 1:49. The last section was decent, but merely a placeholder for a poorly executed fadeout.

You had a lot of instances where there was too much treble going on and things were crowded and loud; gotta revisit the sound balance. Arrangement was too brief and underdeveloped, the beatwork itself just repeats over and over for the entire track once it comes in, and most of the instrumentation was pretty flat. Needs a lot more substance, but a good first try that shows potential.

NO

• 4 weeks later...

There is this click that plays at the very start of the file, before the fade in. Minor point, but must be mentioned.

Like the other judges have said, there are parts in this where the instruments that should be more in the background overpower the lead instrument. This is very obvious at 1.37, where the bell sound is much too loud for the flute.

The fadeout also comes at a time when you least expect it. The fadeout is not smooth and seems to cut off at the end. Keep working on your productions, and make use of our WIP forum for peer feedback.

NO