OCR00271 - Final Fantasy VI "Shadow's Theme"

m68030

Some intonation issues, but a really interesting droning style. I loved the sitar-esque effect, and a lot of the guitar noise in the BG. A little too barren for me to really get into, and some of the production is sounding muddy, but it's very effective at conveying mood.

I'm pretty torn on this one, but I think that it ultimately is held back by the issues too much for me to recommend it.

• 7 months later...

Interesting collection of sounds. The sitar mixed with the guitar is pretty cool. The drums get a little repetitive for me and feel a little thin, but that's my personal preference. The sound scape does get a bit muddy, but it's a cool vibe you have going. The production work on this is a little off what I might normally be drawn to, but it does have a certain garage band sound that is nice. I think OA said it best, it's an interesting idea just using this to drone through the track. THe abrupt ending was uncomfy, but I can get past it :). It's a very interesting idea that, with a little more polish, has great potential. I'm greatly looking forward to new work from KP!

• 1 month later...

Cool intro here with the sitars (?) to start things off. A lot of the interesting parts from the beginning, however, are completely lost at :20, which makes it feel a bit empty. Lead guitar feels buried at the outset and at the 1:00 mark is out of tune to the point where some of the notes sound wrong :/. Really abrupt ending to the track as well. Some of the elements are clicking here, I think - the dark, droning feel of the distorted backing guitars does set some of the mood, but big issues with the lead kill this one for me.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00271 - Final Fantasy VI "Shadow's Theme"