Zelda3 Intro dance version

360Degreez

the intro reminds me of james bond clubing.

anyway, not really a fan of techno, but half of the first time submittions are nothing but pure crap. This really is unorthodox. Great quality everything, the only thing i have a small problem with is the pure string break dowm. Overall, a great piece

Thanks for the reply and the compliment. i guess its worth making a final track out of it, it's such a nice side-project that takes me back to the good old times of playing computer games without any worries and stress ;-)

The strings are really a pain in the ass, the chords in this tune are really nasy, especially in last section of the main lead tune.

I will keep working on it and see if i can those strings right.

Thanks again,

Paul

Actually, this is pretty good stuff - although the only problem that OCR is going to have with it is the file size.

All ReMixes should be submitted in MP3 format no bigger than 192kbps, should be less than 6MB, preferably with ID3v2 tags filled out according to guidelines.

http://www.ocremix.org/info/Submission_Standards_and_Instructions

Okay, thanks all.

Tonight it's finetune night and sadly, bitrate-downgrade time. i'll take it back to 128KBPS and make the mix a little longer if my ears hold up ;-)

This week the final version will be submitted. i'm thinking to remix more zelda tracks, especially zelda64 (ocarina of time) has some nice catchy tunes.

Lets see if it is a "Yes" or "No" ;-)

I can tell you pretty confidently that this won't end up getting passed

it might get a few no resubmits, but any yes's are unlikely

if you want to increase your odds, try a few things

first, vary the percussion a LOT more... add and subtract subtle patterns, like handrums or an extra hihat, maybe distorted loops run through a filter, that kind of thing. right now all you have is the one loop going when it's needed, and that's good for establishing rhythm, but you need to vary the soundscape much more

second, vary the instrumentation more, add subtle synth lines that fade in and out to accompany the melody and pads, maybe try changing up the lead a couple times

third, and most importantly, you need to shorten the song. it's just too damn long! I understand the concept of developmental trance and it's long because of the genre and blah blah blah, but when it gets right down to it, if you want it to get on the front page, you need to condense it... make it do the same amount in less time

believe me, I had to do the exact same thing with my link's awakening remix... you can't let your desire to let a song roll and groove forever allow you to actually let it roll and groove forever, because then it ends up just lying there, and the listener (the judges) gets bored

anyway, hope I helped a little bit... or at least crushed your hopes and dreams :)

keep at it, this has potential

Eeh, okay it's gonna take a bit more time!

No seriously thanks for the tips, im quite new to this and still have to figure out a lot of things ;-)

I can add more lines and drums, but together with the 2 basslines, strings and synthline (with the appreggiator i think it's simply going to be "to full and confusing". maybe removing the appreggiator synthline and adding a subtile one-tone'd synthline will do.

Now time for bed to think it over ;-) i will keep you up to date on the progress?

---------

Latest version :

http://www.drivehq.com/file/DF.aspx/DJ%20MadTrax%20-%20Zelda3%20Intro%20tune%20MQ-MP3.mp3?isGallery=false&share=&shareID=0&fileID=15847522&pay=&sesID=ur54g53q2aldtxztl2zv4e55&forcedDownload=true

I've found the best way to handle a remix becoming "too full and confusing" is to not subtract any of the elements, but lower the levels of some of them and alter all the lines just enough so that they fall into better sync... it makes the climaxes infinitely more satisfying

good luck, though... I'll definitely be watching this one :)

I won't say it sounds like shit like you did in your own post :-) but it could use some filling up, the beat is a but dull and it could use some extra hat-lines and chords making the track sounding like just the intro of a good dance track or background music ;-)

On the other hand, i'm just a pre-beta-beginner amateur so why should i judge ;-)