Sign in to follow this  
Liontamer

OCR03741 - Final Fantasy V "Galuf's World"

3 posts in this topic

WOW. This is an absolute treat - a handling of one of the best themes of the entire game and of the entire FF series, in my opinion. And the remixer crushes it. The harmony playing behind 1:33-1:43, the gorgeous flute over 2:17-2:33 (goodness, the adjustments in that section are worth the entire listen), the little touches around the main theme just sing with emotion. It's funny, but this remix is so evidently handled by someone who really cares about the inherent theme, I didn't even need the description in the writeup. The ending does surprise me a bit, but the ride is so tremendous that even if you think it's different it still delivers. An absolute download.

Checking out the Kickstarter now. So happy to have heard this.

On 6/13/2018 at 10:28 PM, DimeTower said:

WOW. This is an absolute treat - a handling of one of the best themes of the entire game and of the entire FF series, in my opinion. And the remixer crushes it. The harmony playing behind 1:33-1:43, the gorgeous flute over 2:17-2:33 (goodness, the adjustments in that section are worth the entire listen), the little touches around the main theme just sing with emotion. It's funny, but this remix is so evidently handled by someone who really cares about the inherent theme, I didn't even need the description in the writeup. The ending does surprise me a bit, but the ride is so tremendous that even if you think it's different it still delivers. An absolute download.

Checking out the Kickstarter now. So happy to have heard this.

Your comments absolutely make my day.