[XenoRemaster] Xenogear: Faraway Promise - Music Box [Cinematic Version]

Evan Col

Some time ago I wanted to propose a short Xenogear short film based on its own time after the events of Xenogear. I had to deal with other things and decided to launch the Cinematic version of the Faraway Promise melody that corresponds to the animation. Soon I will release said short film. :)

Enjoy.

• 1 month later...

This was a really nice tune. So peaceful and wondrous in its simplicity. What kind of music box did you use for that? I don't know how to make it better, but maybe add another instrument maybe to supplement the chord structure really bring out the emotions of the piece even further. If not, I really like for what it is, and if you improve on it, it would be all the better for it. Good job!

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/22/2018 at 9:39 AM, Flurry of Flames said:

This was a really nice tune. So peaceful and wondrous in its simplicity. What kind of music box did you use for that? I don't know how to make it better, but maybe add another instrument maybe to supplement the chord structure really bring out the emotions of the piece even further. If not, I really like for what it is, and if you improve on it, it would be all the better for it. Good job!

Hello, I appreciate your comment. I had started producing at FLStudio not so long ago that it occurred to me to work on a project about a short film with Fei entering a room after having a very hard day, and reproducing a musical box with this melody. Even I know that you are missing a lot, you have every reason to improve the melody, but not only that, there are also transitions in the short film scene where it moves away from the musical box as you can notice in the sounds it makes simulating a musical box of truth ... therefore there are parts where the melody is spatial with the movement and distance of the camera, as well as the transition of scenes in which a photo of the Xenogear characters is displayed. Actually this short tries to imitate the intro of Chrono Trigger, but in 3D.

I am always open to receive support and recommendations, if you would like to collaborate you are welcome, I can pass the project file as long as you are responsible for the development, any help would allow me to focus more on other areas such as animation, modeling, etc ... and advance more in the development of the short film.

18 hours ago, Michael_Lochlann said:

Did you buy this thing or get it from somewhere? Looks like it.  If you made the music box or mp3 yourself, then you are a boss.

But cool sharing...I would kill to have one of these.  It sounds amazing in real life.

I would absolutely not add another instrument, that's not how music box songs work lol

I'm glad that some people think it's real, because my work in SFX seems to work well. :grin:

I really appreciate this comment, I hope you encourage me to share it on your social networks. :roll:

• 8 months later...

[This is an automatically generated message]

I've reviewed your remix and have returned it to Work-in-Progress status, indicating that I think there are some things you still need to work on. After you work on your track and feel that it's ready for submission to OCR, please change the prefix back to Ready for Review and someone will review it again. Good luck!