Sony PSP

The Damned

I'll probably pick one up if/when it gets hacked mostly 'cause I've used my UMD drive a total of maybe 3 times in the past six months, and that just to rip my games.

also I kind of like the smaller form factor (I stopped using my bigass logitech case since it made sticking my PSP in my pocket straight up ridiculopus)

I'm probably the only psp owner that never bought a "protective case" and actually puts the 3k model in a pocket.

Though I suppose the pocket being inside my trench coat renders any complaints on its size moot.

Oh and I got big hands so that checks me off getting one...

Also I thought the whole "lopus" thing died a while back...

I thought it was funny looking so I left it

also I didn't buy the case. the dude that I bought it from here bought it and included it with the PSP (so yeah I guess I technically did buy the case)

but yeah, my 1k model goes in my pocket all the time

surprisingly, the only thing that's cracking on the faceplate is the little area in the middle of the D-pad

• 1 month later...

So I'm on the final stretch of dissidia and I have to ask. Is it really fair that many enemies are able to break you (bravery) and kill you (HP) with the same attack?

and spoiler question,

Should I go for the ultima weapon or get the adamantium on the last levels? (for dp bonus of course)

[/spoiler question]

so it's not much of a spoiler.

It's perfectly fair; you can do it to them. Dodging and blocking is your friend. Dissidia was never intended to be an easy game if you want to do things like farm equipment drops in the Blackjack duel coliseum.

I wouldn't necessarily go for either of those two weapons; there are other choices that are better depending on the type of build you want. Who do you main and how do you have them set up?

One more thing. I'm playing ff7 on my psp right now, and I'm trying to get enemy skill: beta. It says that I learned it, but it never shows up under the enemy skill section. I'm only at lvl 20, so I'm not sure I can beat it. But I hit it until ir goes tall, flicks one player out of the battle, uses beta and kills the remaining two party members while enemy skill learns beta. But after the battle, it says that it didn't learn it. What's going on?

One more thing. I'm playing ff7 on my psp right now, and I'm trying to get enemy skill: beta. It says that I learned it, but it never shows up under the enemy skill section. I'm only at lvl 20, so I'm not sure I can beat it. But I hit it until ir goes tall, flicks one player out of the battle, uses beta and kills the remaining two party members while enemy skill learns beta. But after the battle, it says that it didn't learn it. What's going on?

I'm not sure if I read you right, so I think it's a little too obvious:

You didn't learn it because you died. I'm pretty sure you have to win a battle to get stuff out of it.

I'm not sure if I read you right, so I think it's a little too obvious:

You didn't learn it because you died. I'm pretty sure you have to win a battle to get stuff out of it.

Interesting. I remember getting that dark flare (or whatever) from air weapon's final attack, but then again, I did technically win that battle. I'll see if I can actually beat it later.

• 2 weeks later...

So I spent an hour at the duel colleseum and managed to get 3 emperor scales and refine the adamant shield. The final battles on dissidia are so much more fair now. Before, only one attack broke me and would put them in a position to win...even though I'm lvl 100 with squall. But I still only have a level 78 sword so I can't do much damage. I just need to finish up the last two stages on the game. (Golbez is no joke)

So I spent an hour at the duel colleseum and managed to get 3 emperor scales and refine the adamant shield. The final battles on dissidia are so much more fair now. Before, only one attack broke me and would put them in a position to win...even though I'm lvl 100 with squall. But I still only have a level 78 sword so I can't do much damage. I just need to finish up the last two stages on the game. (Golbez is no joke)

Last two stages?

If you want unfair, try to battlegen some of the coloured gems. The ones that can only be done in an Ex Burst are really annoying. Still, I've got all the gems I'll need to make everything in 4 or 5 of the 8 colors; I'm not good enough to beat the level 100 SSS-ranked opponents yet.

Last two stages?

If you want unfair, try to battlegen some of the coloured gems. The ones that can only be done in an Ex Burst are really annoying. Still, I've got all the gems I'll need to make everything in 4 or 5 of the 8 colors; I'm not good enough to beat the level 100 SSS-ranked opponents yet.

Aren't those guys the ones you face where you need to face everyone 1-10, good guys and bad guys, and the cameo appearences from 11 and 12? Or are those not even SSS-ranked? Andby the way, is there a higher duel colleseum than lvl 60?

I'm telling you, the only way I managed to beat many of those guys was with magic pot.

http://www.destructoid.com/rumor-psp-4000-mentioned-in-new-sony-ads-158342.phtml&mainnav=PSP&mainnav=PSP

Followed up by:

http://www.destructoid.com/psp-4000-ad-was-a-mistake--158399.phtml&mainnav=PSP&mainnav=PSP

But still, that's a hell of a typo. I mean, they didn't just accidentally press 4 instead of 3, they added in an extra graphic and text along with everything else. Someone had to notice that there was no such thing as a PSP-4000 at some point, right?

Sony, of course, isn't commenting on it. Typically, that means it's true or true enough that they don't want to give anything away. The more PSPs they sell now, the better, because as soon as a new model is announced, people will hold off on buying one.

Then you have the fact that a lot of the new stuff Sony had this year was leaked early. This could simply be another case of someone leaking it out.

So, honest mistake on the part of the advertising department, or accidental slip of the lip?

Aren't those guys the ones you face where you need to face everyone 1-10, good guys and bad guys, and the cameo appearences from 11 and 12? Or are those not even SSS-ranked? Andby the way, is there a higher duel colleseum than lvl 60?

No, I'm talking about the friend cards that you get when you use passwords. Each one of them will let you battlegen a different coloured gem, as well as one of the battlegen-only items that you need to use with password recipes (stuff like the Al Bhed Primer that comes from the Auron friend card - and no, you don't get to fight Auron; I think it's Jecht who's the enemy for that card).

I'm not even sure what you're talking about; is it the Inward Chaos story mode or something in Arcade Mode? Inward Chaos is the only story mode I haven't mastered. I main Zidane, but have all the other good characters except Shantotto at level 100.

There are 5 duel coliseums. Airship is 0-30, Falcon is 31-60, Invincible is 61-90, Lunar Whale is 91-120, and Blackjack is 121-150.

No, I'm talking about the friend cards that you get when you use passwords. Each one of them will let you battlegen a different coloured gem, as well as one of the battlegen-only items that you need to use with password recipes (stuff like the Al Bhed Primer that comes from the Auron friend card - and no, you don't get to fight Auron; I think it's Jecht who's the enemy for that card).

I'm not even sure what you're talking about; is it the Inward Chaos story mode or something in Arcade Mode? Inward Chaos is the only story mode I haven't mastered. I main Zidane, but have all the other good characters except Shantotto at level 100.

There are 5 duel coliseums. Airship is 0-30, Falcon is 31-60, Invincible is 61-90, Lunar Whale is 91-120, and Blackjack is 121-150.

So I just have to know. If there are enemies up to lvl 150, is there a way for us to level our characters past 100?

• 3 months later...
So is it even worth it after I play portable ops?

Further, do you guys think Portable Ops is worthwhile? Now that Peace Walker is shortly arriving, I'd have 2 reasons to get in on the PSP, assuming they're as good as previous iterations of MGS. Curious to hear what you guys think of it.