OCR04122 - *YES* World of Warcraft "Legends of Warcraft"

Rexy

ReMixer Name: PSK
Email Address: 
UserID: 35773

Game Arranged: World of Warcraft
Name of Arrangment: Legends of Warcraft
Songs arranged: Legends of Azeroth (Composer: Jason Hayes), Elwynn Forest (Composer: Jason Hayes), The Barrens (Composer: Derek Duke).

Comments:
I’ve always been a big fan of Warcraft, since Orc’s & Humans in fact. I also used to play quite a bit of WoW. When I saw the recent WoW expansion coming out I got quite nostalgic and just had to create some music, which eventually became Legends of Warcraft. While the track clearly builds around Legends of Azeroth by Jason Hayes, there are also two nods to both Alliance and The Horde in the piece at 1:14 (Elwynn Forest) and  2:08 (The Barrens) respectively.

Using Legends of Azeroth as the base with two iconic motifs while creating a highly epic sounding orchestral composition I feel encompassed the essence of Warcraft, and in particular the latest expansion “Battle for Azeroth”.

Thank you for your consideration :)

• 1 month later...

Being an orchestral take on an orchestral source, I was worried at first that this would be more of a sound upgrade than a ReMix.  It's definitely more than that, more like an expansion of the original.  Not quite a "reinterpretation" but there's definitely a lot of material added that makes it more than an upgrade or a cover.  It would fit in great as the title theme of World of Warcraft 2.

The performances are a little mechanical at times, especially the runs of staccato violins, but it's well outside the uncanny valley.  Production is beautifully rich and clear.

This will thrill WoW fans, I'm sure.  Let's get it up there.

YES

this has some really nice touches. i really liked the initial presentation of the theme, followed immediately by a nice dropoff at 1:04. i definitely agree that there's some robotic performances here (particularly in the marcato vins and trumpets throughout) but as a whole it's fun to listen to. i also really like the constant attention to dynamics. i would have liked it a bit more if you'd used dynamics within the instrument groupings rather than just layering instruments for an orchestral crescendo, but like i said before, it's fun and works. additionally, the solo voice part is a nice touch and does a good job adding contrast to the ensemble scoring throughout.

the build into 2:55 and subsequent section of higher-energy music is a real payoff. i really enjoyed the superhero-movie vibe i got there. the really slow attack of your horns comes out a bit there, but you do a nice job hiding it by sitting on sustains as much as possible. as a whole, i really found the arrangement to be a solid reinterpretation without going too different from the source. no issues there.

easy vote!

YES

This brings back memories of raids and college days.  That title music is forever ingrained in my mind.   I can also hear the other themes here but they're only cameos, most of the track is just the title screen music and variations of it.  1:14 has elwynn on the flute, and 2:08 has a barren riff on the horns.  

Orchestration is pretty good here, and and I loved the variations, such as around 2:40 where you transformed one of the initial motifs in the original into a surprisingly catchy section, and later mixed it with a different part of the original in the high violins around 3:20.  

This is one of my favorite remixes of this year so far, because I love WoW music (I even use it for the D&D campaigns I DM) and because it's just a very good remix.

YES

• Sir_NutS changed the title to 2019/01/17 - (3Y) World of Warcraft "Legends of Warcraft"
  • 4 months later...
  • Emunator changed the title to 2019/01/17 - *YES - TAG* World of Warcraft "Legends of Warcraft"
  • Emunator locked this topic