PRC418 - The Most Snowy Time Of The Year (Sonic 2006)

Bundeslang

On 12/21/2020 at 8:54 PM, HoboKa said:

Congrats TVG.  I thought you were the underdog of this round and I'm glad to be proven wrong.  Nice work!  And I don't mean this is a rude way.  It just came out weird...Text is hard to contextualize.  >.<

I guess 10 minutes does really make it stand out haha. Thanks dude!

On 12/22/2020 at 1:37 AM, Dextastic said:

TVG won without even voting lol. Congrats dood.

Thanks for your kind words about my production values lately, hoboka. I’ve put more work into learning production than anything else music wise for the last few years, and I feel it’s finally starting to show. 

When Christmas comes, so does my inactivity lol. I am really busy at Christmas despite it's holiday cheer haha.

Ok I'll give some thoughts to what i heard for this round.

Souperion - Great mix of orchestral and synths, love the way it flows too. It's a bit conflicting for me, i could maybe have more of a straight forward electronic beat, like techno, or if not, explore more of the orchestra more. However though, i love the choir and strings, it's soooo good. Tempo change was also a nice addition. Great job!

Dex - I like the synths more than i like the guitars. I mean don't get me wrong, the whole thing is really nicely done, but the guitars took away the atmospheric part of the source for me. As a whole though, you sold me a rather well mixed rock experience. Great job!

Trism - It's a very minimalistic experience, and for this idea it works well. If i have to be honest, the drums don't come into until half-way and the melody is repeated a lot, something to bare in mind. Maybe add a little more for me, but as a whole super nicely done!

Wassup Thunder - Never though an orchestral remix would work super well! I think in terms of style, it's amazing, however i am a sucker for electronic instruments, and even though it wasn't needed to sound good, you could combine the two, and make a synth orchestra hybrid, but that's just me. Also be weary of your levels, there are moments where it can get a little heavy. Still though, awesome take on this, great job!

Sorry i missed voting, i was getting ready for christmas.