Sign in to follow this  
ajgunn225

IPOD / Bitrate troubles

Recommended Posts

I searched the forums for a similar thread but I couldn't find anything. This may be a completely newbie question but here goes: I have been downloading and transferring oc remix files to my ipod, and for the most part it has gone well, but with a few remixes, I noticed they weren't being copied over, so I first moved them to the itunes library and then to the ipod, but I receive an error from Itunes that says:

"Some of the songs in the Itunes music library, including the song "F-Zero The Flood Plain OC Remix", were not copied to the ipod "ajgunn225's ipod" because they cannot be played on this ipod."

Just in case it matters, I have a 60gb video ipod. I looked at the info for the songs that were yielding this error, such as "The Flood Plain", "Earthbound-Snowbound", and others, and the bitrates seemed odd to me. For example, "The Flood Plain" had a bitrate of 127 kbps and "Earthbound-Snowbound" had a bitrate of 141 kbps. I'm not sure if that is the cause or not but I've never seen those bitrates before and thats not how they are shown on the ocremix site. I tried re downloading the songs but I get the same result.

If anyone has any ideas as to resolve this, please let me know. There's probably a really easy fix I am missing, thats why I'm asking for help. Thanks guys!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's odd, because my copy of Flood Plains is 128, while Snowbound is variable (I think the project offered two different quality levels).

iPods support VBR files, so that can't be the problem. If you hadn't already said you redownloaded the songs, I'd say your copies were corrupted or something.

Odd, indeed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It might also be a compatibility issue with the sampling rate, rather than the bit rate.

Some OCRs (such as this) were encoded at 48kHz but my mp3 player only supports 44.1kHz.

Note that I am not really sure what's going on here, I am merely recounting my own experience with this kind of thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah it sounds like the sampling rates to me. Burn the troublesome files to an audio CD then rip it into iTunes. That should solve the trick.

Best software for burning audio to disc? Winamp if you bought the full version or Nero (or equivalent)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Sgt Cpl Sir! I tried that today and it worked. I'm really not sure why it did it in the first place but the bit rate after being ripped was 128 kbps and it plays on the ipod so I'm happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this