CHIPAMP: PSF (PS1 & PS2 music) support

Moogle!

Last time I tried that, it wouldn't play back midi files, and there was no plugin to be found for midi playback anywhere. I don't really like Winamp that much nowadays either. It's lost its original idea of being faster and sleeker than wmp, and getting an older version to get rid of all the bloat, you'll be missing out on the newer functionality that you do want...

ChipPlay would be nice, but better still, chiptune playback on ipods and cell phones... though it really is a shame Meridian Advance stopped being in development.

EDIT: Apparently, there's a thing called Rockbox that replaces the firmware on the ipod, making it capable of playing back nsf, spc, mod, and other formats. It also comes with a gameboy emulator... I'm gonna try this out as soon as I'm sure the original firmware can be reinstalled if something goes wrong.

EDIT2: Unfortunately, there's no progress at all making Rockbox work on an iPod Classic. 4th generation seems to work fine though. I guess I'll have to wait for another few years...

• 4 months later...

I installed this and then MIDI files wouldn't play. I immediately thought "what the f***" and looked at the plugins, and discovered one of them called AdPlug which for some reason decided to associate itself with .mid files. Again, what the f***. It's disabled now.... I feel calmness returning..

EDIT: Another one. AdPlug for some reason associates itself with .msc, which means if you do something normal like starting windows defragmenter, winamp pops up. I know this isn't really ChipAmp's fault but what a stupid plugin.

• 4 weeks later...
I installed this and then MIDI files wouldn't play. I immediately thought "what the f***" and looked at the plugins, and discovered one of them called AdPlug which for some reason decided to associate itself with .mid files. Again, what the f***. It's disabled now.... I feel calmness returning..

EDIT: Another one. AdPlug for some reason associates itself with .msc, which means if you do something normal like starting windows defragmenter, winamp pops up. I know this isn't really ChipAmp's fault but what a stupid plugin.

I'm glad I checked in this thread. I haven't been able to play midi files since getting ChipAmp either. Now I know why! And I have changed it and fixed it and can now play them again. Hooray. Thanks for the info!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...