Name of arrangement: Moonshine Airport
Name of song: Sunshine Airport
Original composer: Masaaki Ishikawa 

For clarification:
Name of remix: Moonshine Airport
Name of original song: Sunshine Airport

Edited by prophetik music

• 2 months later...

Having voted on a few of Neon X's pieces now, he's got a formula of sorts for his stuff -- i.e. melodically conservative but personalized genre adaptation bookends with a more interpretive middle -- but it's fairly effective.

That said, the copy-pasta of :23-1:07 from 2:10-2:54 was too much repetition without variation for a relatively short piece, IMO. This piece was less interpretive than his past ones, and I thought the copy-pasta hurt it. No less energetic, and a case could certainly be made that the genre adaptation is substantial enough to survive a ding on repetition and thus a lack of development, but I'm not there.

Really awesome so far, and if you're willing to see what other variations and techniques could be employed to differentiate 2:10's section from :23's, then this would be an easy call, even if it were just several more subtle things; anything varying up the instrumentation, melody, rhythm, and/or tempo could be a welcome evolution without feeling like you have to overhaul anything. See what more you can do, Neon, but nice work thus far!

NO (resubmit)

• Liontamer changed the title to 2021/09/23 - (1N) Mario Kart 8 "Moonshine Airport"

I have to agree.  There's good energy here, even if the synths are a little old-fashioned, but 44 seconds of copy-pasta out of 188 seconds of remix is an awful lot, and it fees like even more with the relentless percussion and repetitive accompanying lines.  There are some more sections that aren't strictly copied but are very similar to other parts.  I don't think it's too far off, but it does feel like not enough ideas to fill out a whole remix.

NO

• MindWanderer changed the title to 2021/09/23 - (2N) Mario Kart 8 "Moonshine Airport"

the drums on this track are all over the place. i love the variety in usage, but volume-wise they're nowhere near consistent. 0:11-0:22, the snare's not even in the same universe it's so quiet. then they're very loud and in your face, then at 0:41 the snare's back to being next door with a huge clicky kick, then it's back to the punchy electro drums. the constant shifts in volume and soundscape were confusing aurally.

i also didn't care for the bigger set of drums just constantly playing the same kick/snare pattern for the majority of the piece with the same toms fill used several times. it got very tiring, especially with the bass not having any real unique parts either and the same lead used for the entire piece.

the copy/paste section was already mentioned and i agree that it's a lot of repetition. the track also just sort of ends with little prep, something else i don't care for.

i sound like i don't like it, and that's not true. it's got a ton of energy, it's got some nice fat mastering that feels good most of the time, and what you've chosen for your samples and synths is great (at least initially!). getting rid of the copy-paste stuff, varying up the drums (and turning them down just slightly) and your lead synth a bit, and a better ending will all go a long way towards a more complete track.

NO

• prophetik music changed the title to *NO* Mario Kart 8 "Moonshine Airport"