OCR04382 - *YES* Terranigma "Ahh!! The Zombies Ate John Carpenter!"

Emunator

Game: Terranigma

Source: Zombies/Louran
Remix name: "Ahh!!  The Zombies Ate John Carpenter!"
Description:
This remix was first featured in Paths Less Travelled.  I chose to hold back on submitting this to the Panel for a couple of reasons.  But I've had a change of heart and decided to go through with it.  It's been remastered since its first release on the Terranigma Project.  Daniel Lippert provided the Vocalist sample at the 1:53 area.  

• 2 months later...

Nice ambiance, good use of the traditional "creepy" sound palette.

It's short and a little on the conservative side, but not dealbreaking in either respect.  Sample and production are fine.  Not much of an ending, but that's 100% fine for a piece like this.  I have no major complaints.

YES

• MindWanderer changed the title to 2021/09/27 - (1Y) Terranigma "Ahh!! The Zombies Ate John Carpenter!"

yeah, this is fine. it's a weird original and a similarly weird interpretation. there's a lot of "fun Massive patch i found" ambiance going on, but some interesting use of vocals around 1:53 (i love the use of auto-tune to make it sound not quite normal). i liked the use of the throbbing, pulsing bass as well. the 'melodic' content - really, just the recognizable lead instrument stuff from the original - is clearly recognizable throughout.

rubber stamp, it's good by me.

YES

• Liontamer changed the title to 2021/09/27 - (2Y) Terranigma "Ahh!! The Zombies Ate John Carpenter!"

Cool cover with a richer sound palette. The melodic lead at :38 was too sharp on the high end, so it sounded needlessly piercing; nothing that pulled the track down to NO, but this would be more solid if that were adjusted.

The final section at 1:53 provided contrast with the previous parts and offered a haunting close.

One of the sounds abruptly cuts out at 2:29, and clearly wasn't intentional, so let's also ask about a fix for that as well.

Otherwise, nice, eeire sound design, Alex; good job giving this source tune a lot more heft!

YES

• Liontamer changed the title to 2021/09/27 - (3Y) Terranigma "Ahh!! The Zombies Ate John Carpenter!"
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Emunator changed the title to (2021/09/27) *YES - TAG* Terranigma "Ahh!! The Zombies Ate John Carpenter!"
  • Liontamer locked and pinned this topic
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR04382 - *YES* Terranigma "Ahh!! The Zombies Ate John Carpenter!"
  • Emunator unpinned this topic