Emunator

RebeccaETripp
Rebecca Tripp

http://www.crystalechosound.com/
ID: 48262
Game(s): Chrono Trigger
Song Title: Carnival of Life
Songs Remixed: Leene Square

This is my rendition of the Leene Square aka Millennial Fair theme from Chrono Trigger, originally composed by Yasunari Mitsuda. I tried to create a feeling of childlike wonder and joy in this arrangement. I wanted to re-capture the feeling I had as a kid playing this game for the first time, trying all the attractions, mini games, etc. Hopefully, it feels like some kind of platonic, timeless carnival bringing about feelings of togetherness, celebration, and a purely human mode of enthusiasm. I’ve kind of wanted to create another version of this song for some time now, but I kept putting it off because I've had so many other projects going on! I did the track earlier than expected, however, because it was nominated and voted for by my patrons on Subscribestar. If you would like to have some influence over what music I compose each month, you can subscribe to me here: www.subscribestar.com/rebeccaetripp

I always love when Rebecca and Gamer of the Winds work together. Gregory's emotive, spritely performances fit PERFECTLY here and do a great job mitigating some of the issues we see on Rebecca's solo submissions in terms of unrealistically-sequenced leads. Everything really comes together well here, even the mastering sounds on-point!

YES

• Emunator changed the title to 2022/07/08 - (1Y) Chrono Trigger "Carnival of Life"
  • MindWanderer changed the title to 2022/07/08 - (2Y) Chrono Trigger "Carnival of Life"

The jaw harp stuff sounds goofy but gets your attention right off the bat. The lil' woodwind notes in the background from :47-:56 seemed untuned & out of place, but were very light. Applause SFX at 1:02 and 2:21 sounded poorly integrated; it didn't blend well, plus it was a flimsy smattering sound. Those were the minor parts I wasn't feeling or that stuck out.

Otherwise, awesome personalization of the instrumentation, and some neat textural approaches I haven't had the good fortune to hear from Rebecca until now. Production issues aside that I've had with some of her pieces, you can truly rely on her to beautifully and capably adapt her theme of choice into mellow, relaxed instrumentation; I'm always excited when it's time to see what she's done next. Nice work!

YES

• Liontamer changed the title to 2022/07/08 - (3Y) Chrono Trigger "Carnival of Life"
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR04513 - *YES* Chrono Trigger "Carnival of Life"
  • prophetik music locked this topic