OCR04583 - *YES* Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, WW & TP "Moonlit Woods"

Liontamer

RebeccaETripp
Rebecca Tripp

http://www.crystalechosound.com/
ID: 48262
Game(s): Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Breath of the Wild
Song Title: Moonlit Woods
Songs Remixed: Lost Woods (BotW), Forest Haven (WW) Faron Woods (TP), Inside Forest Haven (WW), Korok Forest (BotW) 
Here’s a link to the file: 

This is part of a much larger medley that I made a little over a year ago.  Here’s the whole medley: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mh0I9rmeEyU
I gave it a different ending and made it shorter!

Most of the winds were performed by Gamer of the Winds, Medllix and Steven Higbee.  Here are links to them:

• 2 weeks later...

I'll need to time this out later to figure out what primary game this piece would be classified under. There was a moment around 1:49 where the theme interplay was clunky for a segment, but overall it's a solid arrangement and flows pretty nicely between the themes. The bowed strings could use an upgrade, but overall solid performances and nice textures between the live and sampled instruments.

Always good to hear the birds let loose in terms of the SFX; long may they continue. :-)

YES

• Liontamer changed the title to 2023/02/25 - (1Y) Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker, TP & BotW "Moonlit Woods"
  • MindWanderer changed the title to 2023/02/25 - (2Y) Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker, TP & BotW "Moonlit Woods"
  • 4 weeks later...

This is gorgeous across the board - like Rebecca's best work before this, this is led by some incredibly expressive performances from a variety of collaborators and bolstered by some tastefully-written orchestration and a great variety of supporting percussion. The sources are mixed organically and transition quite seamlessly. Are those bird calls being played on an ocarina or are those actual samples?

The only thing that sticks out like a sore thumb is the tambourine 1/16 notes that start at 2:55 and cut off abruptly - it doesn't feel like that was faded in or out properly. It comes back in elsewhere in the track and just felt detached from the rest of the percussion section. Very minor gripe.

I really dig this, nice work Rebecca!

YES

• Emunator changed the title to 2023/02/25 - (3Y) Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker, TP & BotW "Moonlit Woods"

I love the mashup of all the foresty themes, either in tiny cameo motifs or longer sections, they all go together perfectly.  I love the tawny owl calls.  This arrangement feels very whimsical and magical.  The winds performances are great.  The track is very nicely orchestrated and arranged, and mixed well.  The master still comes in on the quiet side, but much closer to a normal value than usual, and YouTube will compress it anyway up to a normal value.  This is really lovely and may be one of my Rebecca-favorites!  (could the fact that I'm a Zelda superfan factor into it, maybe!)  My only crit of this arrangement is that the ending is rather abrupt, dropping off at a melodically awkward point where my ears are expecting resolution but there isn't any.  One final chord could have served as an outro.  Other than that, I love it.

YES

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR04583 - *YES* Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, WW & TP "Moonlit Woods"
  • Liontamer locked this topic