*NO* Marvel vs. Capcom "Staff Roll Mix"

Emunator

• Liontamer changed the title to 2023/05/25 - Marvel vs. Capcom "Staff Roll Mix"
  • 3 weeks later...

Love to hear a source tune like this, which is that late 90s Capcom fighting game style, a la Street Fighter III and DarkStalkers.

Ah man, it was disappointing to hear this sound so similar to the original song; it's basically the exact same structure, but with a faster tempo and some more intensity (and a little muddiness). It doesn't do anything to particularly distinguish itself from the original song. If the primary objective was a creative exercise in recreation, more power to you; we're looking for a more interpretive arrangement approach, so while this is cool in and of itself, it's basically the same as the source tune.

NO

• Liontamer changed the title to 2023/05/25 - (1N) Marvel vs. Capcom "Staff Roll Mix"
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/21/2023 at 11:50 AM, Liontamer said:

Ah man, it was disappointing to hear this sound so similar to the original song; it's basically the exact same structure, but with a faster tempo and some more intensity (and a little muddiness). It doesn't do anything to particularly distinguish itself from the original song. If the primary objective was a creative exercise in recreation, more power to you; we're looking for a more interpretive arrangement approach, so while this is cool in an of itself, it's basically the same as the source tune.

This is a quote-vote for me, although I'd say there's more than a little muddiness. I'm actually confused how you managed to managed to reduce the sound quality so much without seeming to do anything besides speed it up.  This is a definite

NO

• MindWanderer changed the title to 2023/05/25 - (2N) Marvel vs. Capcom "Staff Roll Mix"
  • 3 weeks later...