*NO* Silent Hill "Intro DBA Mix"

Liontamer

Arranger's handle is Death by Accident, so arrangement would need a unique title if passed -LT

Hi my name is Adrian, I have as a hobby to make remixes of video game themes.

Some one recommended me to sent it in this web site, i sent you one of my works.
I have more mixes to share, but first i want to study your web site to kwon how is it works.

Thanks
Edited by Liontamer
closed decision

• 3 weeks later...

starts off with some needly synth work and synth guitar. imitates the opening of the original surprisingly well. at 0:20 we get a heavy beat with some keys mirroring the original's melody. this is pretty cover-ish, there isn't immediately any recognizable arrangement of the original here, just palette swaps.

i'm at about 2:45 and this is pretty much the original in a row. there haven't been any changes of the drums (which are still very loud and don't sound at all like the rest of the soundscape), the lead instrument, keys, and synth guitar haven't changed or had any dynamic contrast to this point, and it's not changing really at all. the drums are crushingly loud and have a ton of room sound on them, and nothing else sounds like it's even close to being in the same place as them. they're all much cleaner. drums are also very boomy, lots of low mid content that just runs over the piano and guitar among other instruments.

the track kind of just does the same thing for nearly five minutes before having a fadeout outro.

unfortunately this isn't the kind of arrangement we're looking for at OCR. this track does not display transformational arrangement - it's the same instrumentation as the original, about the same speed, and does the same notes pretty much across the board in the same order. i'd encourage you to review the submission standards (specifically 4.2) to see more what kind of arrangements we're going for.

NO

• Liontamer changed the title to 2023/08/19 - (1N) Silent Hill "Intro DBA Mix"
  • 3 weeks later...
  • MindWanderer changed the title to 2023/08/19 - (2N) Silent Hill "Intro DBA Mix"
On 9/6/2023 at 8:12 AM, prophetik music said:

starts off with some needly synth work and synth guitar. imitates the opening of the original surprisingly well. at 0:20 we get a heavy beat with some keys mirroring the original's melody. this is pretty cover-ish, there isn't immediately any recognizable arrangement of the original here, just palette swaps.

i'm at about 2:45 and this is pretty much the original in a row. there haven't been any changes of the drums (which are still very loud and don't sound at all like the rest of the soundscape), the lead instrument, keys, and synth guitar haven't changed or had any dynamic contrast to this point, and it's not changing really at all. the drums are crushingly loud and have a ton of room sound on them, and nothing else sounds like it's even close to being in the same place as them. they're all much cleaner. drums are also very boomy, lots of low mid content that just runs over the piano and guitar among other instruments.

the track kind of just does the same thing for nearly five minutes before having a fadeout outro.

unfortunately this isn't the kind of arrangement we're looking for at OCR. this track does not display transformational arrangement - it's the same instrumentation as the original, about the same speed, and does the same notes pretty much across the board in the same order. i'd encourage you to review the submission standards (specifically 4.2) to see more what kind of arrangements we're going for.

Not that often that I'd just quote and concur, but prophetik's summarized this very well; this is too repetitive and plodding, and would need to do more to stand apart from the original track. We do have plenty of more melodically conservative arrangements [e.g. https://ocremix.org/remix/OCR04414 and all the other OC ReMixes linked in the writeup's second (non-quote) paragraph], but their sounds are more personalized and varied than this arrangement's approach. At 2:40, Adrian, you've essentially heard it all, and the first 2:40 was essentially a close cover adapted for this soundset, but without much further development or interpretation. I'd definitely recommend comparing recent OC ReMixes of themes that you're familiar with to get a sense of the aspects of interpretation we're looking for.

NO

• Liontamer changed the title to *NO* Silent Hill "Intro DBA Mix"