Liontamer

Aww yeah, The MM3 Intro!

Wav: 

Contact Information

Submission Information

• Name of game(s) arranged - Mega Man 3
  • Name of arrangement - The Blue Bomber
  • Name of individual song(s) arranged - Mega Man 3 Intro
  • Your own comments about the mix, for example the inspiration behind it, how it was made, etc. 
    This time I have a Mega Man 3 intro remix for you all, in the usual style of PsyNES, which is PsyTrance, NES chiptune stuff and sometimes some Hard NRG/Freeform mixed together.  

Mega Man 3 is one of my first games I ever played and probably completed as well, it is also my favorite Mega Man game, so it has a special place in my heart. The soundtrack is awesome too, which has inspired me to try remixing all the songs in it, so hopefully more are coming soon. :)

I can't say for sure when I first started doing this remix, since I lost my old versions when my HDD died. First version that I thought was good enough to share with everyone seems to be January 2015 when I uploaded it to my SoundCloud. I did have a video version of this on my Youtube too, but I unlisted it because I want an updated and better version of this in there.

Like always, this is made with Renoise and a bunch of VSTs and NES samples etc.

• Liontamer changed the title to 2023/09/20 - (1Y) Mega Man 3 "The Blue Bomber"

Loud!  I had to turn my volume down about 25%.

Seemed like a pretty conservative approach for a while, especially with Mega Man 2003 already in the catalog.  Gets a little muddy in places, e.g. 1:29-1:40 is a real mess.

But my, that drop at 3:59 is juicy. I was worried about this justifying a 5:30 length, but that sure got my attention. Fun stuff.

YES

• MindWanderer changed the title to 2023/09/20 - (2Y) Mega Man 3 "The Blue Bomber"

intro is definitely cribbed straight from the original. the beat hits right at the 30s mark, and it cycles through some filtered builds until we get the actual melodic content at 0:53. interestingly enough, i don't get a ton of bass content outside the kick, so it sounds like kick/bass and then a bunch of much higher synths.

there's some falling action at 1:42 and it noodles through the initial riff quite a bit with other bits thrown in. there's some really fun sound design in this section. at 2:32 the main ensemble is back in, and after a bit it goes through the main melodic content for a while before another dropoff at 3:15, this time with new noodles so no copy - nice work.

4:00 hits with a full ensemble playing the main melodic content from the start and it's a nice payoff. after this section, it cooks through a slow instrumental fade as different elements start to drop over time. i think i would have been fine if it ended at 5:00, but the remaining 23 seconds serve as a fine sendoff.

this is an obvious pass. tons of arrangement evident, lots of variety in the approach, it sounds good, and the synths work. nice job.

YES

• prophetik music changed the title to 2023/09/20 - (3Y) Mega Man 3 "The Blue Bomber"
  • 2 months later...

Wickedly lush chiptune arrangement with an amazing sense of movement and progression - I never feel like we're treading water at any given point. There's truly a great sense of movement on a macro and micro sense, with some perfectly-executed filter sweeps and transitions to jump from section to section, as well as a tasty array of arpeggios and rhythmic bits to keep your heart racing.

Easy peasy.

YES

• Liontamer changed the title to 2023/09/20 - *YES* Mega Man 3 "The Blue Bomber"
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR04616 - *YES* Mega Man 3 "The Blue Bomber"
  • Emunator locked this topic