FF7: Let the Battles Begin - Orchestral Cover By Peshtiwar Botani

peshti

Original Composer - Nobuo Uematsu

Cover made by - Peshtiwar Botani

Track: FF7: Let the Battles Begin

Consider this my first attempt of making an orchestral cover of this track, I love this track a lot and will probably give it another go in a couple of years when I get better. I do think I did a good job overall, some things could be improved, this musical growth is so rewarding.

Take this for a spin!

• 2 months later...

There's definitely potential, just from an OC ReMix arrangement standards lens, to be more interpretive with the treatment of the composition. That said, from a sound design perspective, this already personalizes the theme quite nicely, even if we're looking for additional aspects of arrangement. Too bad the track also has no real resolution; there's definitely more runway available to iterate on the theme further, perhaps get more interpretive with a second verse. Cool sound upgrade, peshti!

Jesus Christ...this does hit hard, and I love it. ♥ Sounds like something that would directly get placed in the Remakes (and feels like it should've!) It's very conservative and could be considered a 1:1 cover, but if you decide it at any time, I think this could definitely get through a submissions here on OCR. :) Would need a bit more of "you" put into it, like maybe an additional harmony line, or progression chords, and a solid ending, but what you've got here is hidden gold and I think if you do work on these talents you've got already, you can apply this to other sources and do something rad with them.

I very much look forward to hearing more of these covers from you. :D If you need some help thinking up more to incorporate into this to make it OCR-applicable, just hit us up here or on the Discord. Pretty sure this one is a keeper, though, and TBF, won't need much added to it to make it, IMO. :3

Hey there peshti! The sound design and production are top-notch for your take on the track. The arrangement is very close to the source, with one A-B transition cut out and several voices removed (mostly trumpet and flute/piccolo lines). Like Liontamer, I would kill to hear some more transformative additions to the material from you on this one. Keep it up!