*NO* Super Metroid "RedBrin"

Liontamer

Takes a while to spin up, with the source finally arriving at :38; there's not much melodic interpretation, and while I like the soundscape, it's pretty muddy, though I get that there's intention behind it. I'd like to hear more variation/development of the core beat, because once you hear that thick kick pattern come in at 1:31, it's just on auto pilot. At 1:47, the soundscape got cramped and it felt like parts were clipping or distorting; again, it feels like there's intention behind it all, both the textures, the crunch, and the way things sound distant, but the musician Js may have some feedback on how to achieve a stronger sound, because what's here now sounds more like a lossy encoding rather than 100% an aesthetic, which I believe would be the goal. There was some original writing at 2:39 that was OK, but sounded kind of awkward. By 3:30, I felt like I was just hearing previous sections with just a little more intensity, then it quickly shifted into noise (not said in a perjorative way) for more of an SFX & effects-based finish that was interesting.

This would have made it in ye olden days 20+ years ago, and I like the concept, Roemer; let's see what further polish you can add to improve the soundscape and vary up the feel of it post-1:31.

NO (resubmit)

LOOOOUUUUDDDDDD.  I suspect there has been no mastering or even final limiting.... the peak is 3.1db.  Yes, it is clipping and distorting, and also pumping unwantedly, due to loud mixing and no limiting.  I suspect the bass is the worst offender here and it most likely has inaudible lows/rumble that need to be EQ'd out.

Arrangement-wise, I like the slow-burn intro although more could be added for extra interest.  Once the beat gets going, there isn't much more going on.  I think this is a great start!  I'd love to hear this again with another section added with a faster drum groove and more melodic elements, followed by an atmospheric drumless breakdown, then another big section before the outro.  This could really be something special.  Right now though, it feels like an extended concept wip.  Do more!  (and please add a final limiter set to 0db or better yet -0.5db)

NO

ambient opening. first big pile of crunch at 0:25 is nice and it continues to creak in and out for a while. there's some plucks that sound like the intro arp in the original around 0:42. the extreme clipping is making my eyes twitch - there are ways to get distorted and beat-up textures without just cranking it past the 0.0 mark. 

there's a beat that comes in around 1:31, alongside some other percs. there's a melodic element that comes in at 1:47. i like the distorted tone on it, but don't like how blown out this area is as it loses a lot of depth of tone. there's a lot of low mid content below maybe 200hz that's probably unneeded and is causing it to be really cluttered. i agree with chimpa that this section is slow-burn but not in a good way - since there's zero dynamics possible with the overblown backing elements, there needs to be either melodic or rhythmic elements to keep interest. there's little to no rhythmic elements through the entire song that aren't repeated for the entire breadth of the track, and there's little melodic elements that aren't present in the original.

there's some piano that comes in around 2:55, and then some sustains and sfx to finish it for the last 40 seconds or so.

a gritty, lo-res texture works very well for this original. ultimately, though, this is a pretty boring remix. the slow tempo is a good choice imo but the lack of dynamics (or really even contrast), interesting rhythmic, melodic, or harmonic elements, and even basic elements of mastering really shoot this one down. there's simply not enough to hold interest for 4+ minutes, and what's there for those four minutes is gritty in a bad way and so blown out that you can't actually hear what's going on most of the time. to be clear: i'd love for a heavy, slow-burn industrial mix of this track, as i think it fits perfectly. just turning up all your mastering channels to +6db isn't how to do that though. it's hard to make something sound dirty and covered in rust, and i think this is what you were going for - it just needs more attention to mastering to make those channels sound like that without just cranking them up so the master clips.

NO