Need audio interface reccomendations

Ok, I've just gotten the approval from my parents to take some $$ out of my would-be college fund to upgrade my studio. I'm planning on getting a new computer, and need advice on what audio interface I should get.

Right now I use an E-mu 1212m. It certainly sounds good, but I'm finding the patchmix application to be a real pain. I may still just continue to use this, but I was wondering if there are any other interfaces that could sound as good with less hassle.

Here are my requirements:

-ASIO support (or whatever I need for low-latency monitoring -- I admit I don't entirely understand all the principals and technology behind this stuff)

-At least two line inputs (duh)

-MIDI in/out (also duh)

-Fidelity should be at least 24/96

-A simpler and more manageable interface than Patchmix DSP (ie E-mu cards) would be a definite plus

I already have a very good mixer, so mic inputs, additional line inputs (beyond the two needed for stereo recording), and the like are not necessary, as I probably wouldn't use them.

You could check out Hammerfall PCI cards, which are pricey ($400-$700) but considered to be very good. There's also Creamware Scope, which again is pretty expensive ($300-500) but supposedly has killer internal routing flexibility. Plus w/ a Creamware card you get some DSPs too, which means you can run various effects without taxing your actual CPU.