*NO* Final Fantasy 7 'Natives Cosmo Canyon'

Liontamer

• 3 weeks later...

Neat stuff! I dig the ethnic feel, although the flute sample has some very strange, hyper vibrato. It kind of sound like it's bubbling underwater... Is it glitching, or did you do that intentionally? Production sounds pretty good for the most part, although I wish you had a stronger sense of unity of place. It sounds like the instruments are in a different room from the chanting people- probably a reverb issue. May I suggest some crackling fire sound effects for the intro?

This is definitely enough arrangement for the amount you've given us so far, but I'm hesitant to pass the mix because it feels underdevloped. 1:53? C'mon, I'm sure you've got more in you! There are places that sound a little empty right now, so I think some expansion (especially since the percussion picked up towards the end!) is in order. Please resubmit!

NO RESUBMIT!

http://www.tzone.org/~llin/psf/packs2/FF7_psf.rar - 301 "Cosmo Canyon"

I disagreed with Jill's more positive outlook on the track. I wouldn't know why she felt the rearrangement aspect seemed alright for what it was, but maybe she was really familiar with the source made and thus didn't directly compare to the original. No big deal, but worth a revisit.

The arrangement was really lacking upon direct comparison to the source. The instrumentation is an upgrade compared to the PSF, but the overall tone is way too similar to the source tune, and the interpretation and expansion factor are really low.

Besides some ethic SFX and various other additive sounds, this is basically the original track verbatim. Considering the source itself is only 1:44 long per iteration, you've given this one playthrough that's not interpretive or significantly personalized enough in the arrangement. Nah, you need to read up on the standards and guidelines more. More interpretation and expansion is needed to stand out as a unique and creative rearrangement. This isn't a developed mix by any means.

NO

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, this is way too similar to the original. The feel and instrumentation is basically the same, and the arrangement is not really interpretive. There are some *minor* additions but definitely not enough to come anywhere close to our bar. The length is also an issue... spend more time developing original ideas. "Great Warrior" was just sort of mixed in there for no reason. Could have been a good combo of themes, but it lacks the personal interpretation factor. You need to expand this big time. Production is good at least!

NO