*NO* Tomb Raider 'Anniversary - Reverse Version'

Liontamer

Tomb Raider theme song

by Dean

(Dean Kopri)

dean_kopri@yahoo.com

----------------------------------------------------------

We have a 192kbps bitrate ceiling. Don't send us a track encoded at 320kbps; we'll never post it at that bitrate.

Tomb Raider (Game Rip) - "Main Theme"

Aside from the gentle vox being out and the drums being in, the overall feel of the mix was somewhat similar to the original. Basically the same instruments were here (bowed strings, plucked strings, oboe), and they has even relatively similar sample quality.

The plucked strings at 1:45 seemed too rigid with the timing, maybe that was just me; minor issue. The percussion loop brought in at :42 needs variation though; right now, it's on cruise control. The piano at 2:14 seemed slightly off-time with the percussion. Decent fadeout-style ending, dropping the percussion out by 2:35 and wrapping up with a gentle close.

Decent sounds, but lackluster development. The textures were sparse, the drums were too loud compared to the melodic content, the drums were lazily handled (loop it!), and the orchestral instrumentation lacked richness and depth in the sounds (though the samples themselves were alright). The arrangement itself is generally in the right direction, but needs further development and interpretation in lieu of the criticisms you'll get.

NO (resubmit)

• 4 weeks later...

Well I found the mix enjoyable. But it has too many problems to be accepted onto the site.

As Larry said, the percussion is on autopilot for the majority of the mix. I thought the arrangement factor was all right. I heard more than one Tomb Raider theme in there, so maybe it's more of a familiarity thing with me. If you touched up the percussion and put some effort into making it sound as unique as the arrangement, you could have a good mix going here. Right now it's in WIP phase rather than final. So no dice.

NO DICE

I really hate to just rehash what's already been said but...

The percussion seems to be the most neglected facet of this arrangement. Loops aren't gonna cut it here. The percussion needs to compliment the other elements of the arrangement. Here it's just acting as a metronome.

This doesn't sound bad. In fact, its very enjoyable in a lot of ways. However, this is going to need a lot more creativity, originality, and attention to detail before it can pass.

NO