Re-mixer - Goodlucknate

Real name - Nate Bartlett

E-mail - goodlucknate@hotmail.com

User ID - goodlucknate

Game Remixed - Journey to Silius (NES)

Song Remixed - Stage 3

Remix Title - Journey to Silius - Infiltration

I first heard this song on a midi site. After I bought the game, I realized

how amazing the entire soundtrack was and I had to remix at least one song.

So I hope you enjoy Journey to Silius - Infiltration.

http://www.zophar.net/nsf/journe~1.zip - Track 4

LIGHTNING ROUND

*Everything sounds thin and rigid, with limited polyphony; you need more parts and more complexity in the writing

*Sounds are dirt cheap

*Only dynamic shift is at 1:03 when "ACTIVATE!" and some additional drums joined in briefly

*Arrangement is REALLY undeveloped

Really basic issues. You gotta be willing to expand the composition compared to the NES original. There were interesting parts to the NES original that you never explored. You'll also need better sounds, and a lot more experience to learn how to use them properly.

NO

• 4 weeks later...

Seconding what Larry says. I recommend you spend more time in the WIP forums before submitting. Use the ReMixing forum to find resources on beefing up your sounds. Also, try to listen to the mixes we have posted lately and compare to what you are submitting. This isn't a bad early effort but it is nowhere near our bar for the reasons Larry stated. Very little arrangement, lame sounds, limited polyphony etc. The FL defaults don't help either. Keep at it though.

NO

Yikes, I admire your boldness in using the FL "Activate!" vocal clip, but to be brutally honest, it's going to be really, really hard to effectively and tastefully use any of those clips. They're too generic and extremely super cheesy. Especially dry. At the very least, I would recommend distorting the file with some fx or something.

There's not enough instrumental support. Simple bassline + drums + basic, unchanging synth lead = incomplete.

Not a bad attempt, but practice a little more with FL--learn some new tricks, and learn how to use basic FL plugins to achieve more powerful and engaging sounds. Examine some of the songs in the "cool stuff" file and see how some of that stuff is done. Swap songs on collab or the FL forums; you'll learn a ton of new stuff, and it'll give you solid experience that will strengthen your remixing abilities. Nice try, keep at it!

NO