FL6 -> e-guitars?

If you're creative with how you sequence it (ie finding ways to fake all the appropriate dynamics) and have a good distortion (ie one designed as a distortion/amp modeler for real guitars, rather than one designed for synths -- if you don't want to spend money, I reccomend Guitar Suite), it can be done acceptably. But really the only way to make it sound like a real guitar is to have a real guitar.

If you want a guitarrist, I reccomend checking out the live performers database.

hm,thanks ôo

and how is it with trance synths? can i get them at some websites? i´m remixing chemical plant zone of sonic 2 at the moment..first i wanted to make a metal mix but i have no guitar and such things..how is it with trance?

[EDIT] i have installed guitar suite in my fl -> plugins -> vfl folder..but there are no plugins in fl itself when i click there..have i done something wrong?

SF: Most trance synths are done using subtractive synthysis. Just about subtractive synth can make those trancey sounds, if used correctly with the right effects. Don't expect to just be able to make trance right away though - you need to learn a lot about production and whatnot first. At least, if you want to make good trance.

As for guitars, I maintain that synth guitars are perfectly fine for certain jobs. Taucer is right though, you really need to spend ages and ages tweaking trying to make it sound acceptable. And even then, you probably aren't going to get a satisfactory lead guitar, unless you sequence like a god. BUt for background thrum-thrum type stuff, yeah, sure, synth guitars will do the trick.

As for the VST not working correctly, check the hlep file - its all in there. ^_^

[Here] is a nice free electric guitar soundfont I found on the old Auditorium forums before they went to shit. If you know how to sequence guitar, you can make it sound fairly decent with some processing.

[Here] is an example. I made this by running the soundfont through my J-Station multieffects processor, though you could also use Guitar Rig 2 or Amplitube 2 to achieve similar (and often better) effects. I have some newer, better examples, but they're not hosted anywhere at the moment.

I hate how vb doesn't underline links. :/